where to buy lube for kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
placed my order and realized i forgot to get some lubricant for kegging. where can you find this stuff? i assume its just food grade lubricant. any stores or names of products would be helpful. im not gonna pay shipping though...

I've used silicone grease from the hardware store. Find it in the plumbing area. Works great!!!

Edit: So that make two us us... Beat me to it by a split second...

No they should have plumbers grease . Thats a silicone spray that I highly doubt is food grade.

this is the one I bought at lowes I am sure HD will have something like it

gunk

^ That is what you want. I think keg lube may traditionally be petroleum based. But I and many others have used the little cup of silicone grease, and it works great.

^ That is what you want. I think keg lube may traditionally be petroleum based. But I and many others have used the little cup of silicone grease, and it works great.

Petro gel has mineral oil in it and keg lube is silicone . Petroleum is not good for rubber it dries it out over time

KY works well too just the regular not the warming stuff

Latest posts

Back