Brewing with the new System!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got up early and fired up the BCS-460. Almost got my strike water ready.
In-action.jpg

More details to come.

pics of the new system would be awesome ;)

yes, I was a little ambitious Thinking i could post and brew at the same time.I took some pictures of the system that I will upload Tonight or tomorrow. I got to take the wife to that Smerf movie tonight.

As for the brew, hit the numbers -.002 so Im happy with that, but need to work out a good way to prime my pump. It took me 5minto get the air out.

yes, I was a little ambitious Thinking i could post and brew at the same time.I took some pictures of the system that I will upload Tonight or tomorrow. I got to take the wife to that Smerf movie tonight.

As for the brew, hit the numbers -.002 so Im happy with that, but need to work out a good way to prime my pump. It took me 5minto get the air out.

WHAT pump?

March?

I am testing the LG 3-MD-HC in the next week or so.

If need be... I will be able to prime one pump, with the other... so I really only need to get ONE primed, then I can force prime the other.

WHAT pump?

March?

I am testing the LG 3-MD-HC in the next week or so.

Yes its just a standard March pump. I have I configured for the old set up, but the opposite of the way it use to be. I was getting a little air stuck in the pump, and could not get it to come out.

So today is a little less hectic now that I have the first batch out the way. Today I will be brewing a 12.5 gallon Quad,so I will be pushing the mash tun to the upper limits. 36Lb grain bill with 11.5 gallons strike water, fly sparging to 14gallons and a 90min boil.
Library - 425.jpg
The whole set up.
Library - 413.jpg
In side the HLT
Library - 415.jpg
inside the MLT
Library - 416.jpg
Reinforced weldless fitting with 1"PCV coupling and a 1"-3/4" reducer
Library - 414.jpg
Protecting the heating element wiring.

Here are some pictures of the electronics...WARNING all ee's brace your selfs it's ugly!
Library - 422.jpg
The temporary control station

Library - 423.jpg
SSR's with heat sinks and fan

Library - 424.jpg
The BCS-460 and wall wort dc power supply
Library - 419.jpg
Heat sinks

Back