Missoula July 10th - 13th 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be in Missoula from July 10th - 13th. I'll be running the half on Sunday the 12th, so I'll be taking it easy on Saturday night.

I'm spending some time in Victor with the in-laws and will probably tour Bitterroot in Hamilton either Friday or Saturday. Can also meet up at the Hamilton House in Victor on those days.

Be in Missoula Saturday night through Monday so that is when we'll visit Big Sky and/or Bayern.

Well there used to be a few members from Missoula, maybe they are at UM during the school year and off during the summer.

Anyone from Butte? or Helena? or Kalispell?

I realize it's a drive, but you guys get to drive >85 still right?

Buy you a beer. :mug:

I would love to come over to Missoula, but am off for the next week on vacation. We have freinds coming in from Iowa. We might be able to sneak over on Monday though. I think the wives were talking about taking a shoppin trip day.

I will let you know!

I am sitting here in Missoula as you read this. We live just south of Missoula between Lolo and Florence. We've been enjoying the microbreweries in the area for the last few years and recently started AG brewing. You didn't mention a couple of other area breweries that are worth a visit. Blacksmith Brewing Co. opened about a year ago in Stevensville and they have some good beers and a nice atmosphere. My brother in law dropped by last night with a growler of their "special edition" IPA made with an unidentified New Zealand hop. I can't say that it's my favorite IPA but it was definately interesting. The Kettle House brewery in Missoula also has some good beers. The atmosphere there is definately "different". If you want to experience some local flavor and don't mind standing up while drinking then go there in the late afternoon or early evening. We generally stop by in early afternoon so we can sit down and drink. We'll be out of town for the weekend but could probably hook up Friday or Monday for a beer. If you "buy" me a beer at Big Sky it's free. They're the only brewery in Montana that makes enough beer to be forbidden from selling pints in their taproom.

Definitely hit up Kettlehouse and sadly, we can only go 75 now. :(

Not gonna be able to make it over unfortunately either. :(

The run went well. Course was all downhill for thew most part.

As posted on twitter:

0712090935-feed.jpg

Enjoying free post race Big Sky IPA. FU Michelobe Ultra lite. THIS IS WHY I RUN!

I'll be headed toward Victor in the afternoon, PM me your number or give me a call if you can get out for a beer, hoppysailor.

Missed this thread. Too busy on the farm so couldn't have come down anyways. Maybe I can catch you in the fall/winter.

Back