Transporting your beer on a bus/train

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyleobie

Reaction score
Hey there.

So I don't own a car and I'm headed camping in another state in a week or so. I'm hitching a bus ride there.

Does anybody pack their beer in a suitcase to travel home or visit friends and family? If so, how much do you take before the suitcase gets unreasonably heavy? How do you pack it?

In a brown paper bag like the others :) LOL... just kidding.
I have packed some 22's to take home before. Usually wrap in a layer of bubble wrap and then roll it in my clothes.

Next time I go home though, I will be bringing a corny :)

Might be worth it to wrap them in something waterproof. Maybe a big ziplock bag or something. Just in case. Would suck to show up and find all your clothes soaked in beer.

I'd put them in sixer packs wrapped in crinkled up newspaper to keep them from breaking/clanking the entire trip. As for being heavy think about how damn hard it is to lift up a full carboy. Probably about the same weight when it's bottled.

Most state parks and campgrounds really don't want you to have glass containers though so don't let the park ranger see them or he might be inclined to legally steal all of your homebrew.

It's a private cabin...thanks though!

Yeah, makes sense. I want to figure out how many of these I can take ahead of time, weight-wise. I'm thinking 18. I have some great beer drinking friends back home in Missouri and I want to find a way to bring my beer to them.

Latest posts

Back