Dry Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ρ®ïMσ

Reaction score
i posted this in a dry hopping thread, and almost 2 weeks later still no response to my question. i guess ill have to clutter the forums w a NEW post in hopes that my question will be answered:

i was supposed to bottle my dbl ipa 5 weeks ago (had already been dry hopping for two weeks--total of 7 weeks now) but put it off b/c i got some new ink the day before i was supposed to bottle. my arm is finished healing now and im ready to bottle (ive now cracked a rib and have to put it off a little longer). AHS recipe called for 1 week dry hop, but on the forums a lot of people said only 1 week dry hopping left beer w grassy taste. i should still be good at 7 weeks of dry hopping right?

ρ®ïMσ said:
i posted this in a dry hopping thread, and almost 2 weeks later still no response to my question. i guess ill have to clutter the forums w a NEW post in hopes that my question will be answered:

i was supposed to bottle my dbl ipa 5 weeks ago (had already been dry hopping for two weeks--total of 7 weeks now) but put it off b/c i got some new ink the day before i was supposed to bottle. my arm is finished healing now and im ready to bottle (ive now cracked a rib and have to put it off a little longer). AHS recipe called for 1 week dry hop, but on the forums a lot of people said only 1 week dry hopping left beer w grassy taste. i should still be good at 7 weeks of dry hopping right?
You'll be fine. I dry hop my serving kegs that can go a couple of months with no problems.

Grassy taste...I've yet to experience and I think it would take many, many months before that happened.

You have yourself a very good IPA ready to bottle.

BierMuncher said:
Grassy taste...I've yet to experience and I think it would take many, many months before that happened.

the grassy taste was something that i read was common w 1 wk dry hopping.

Back