What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primary - 3 gals Mixed Berry Peppercorn Hydromel. 1.032 to 1.001 with mesquite honey, and 1 lb in 3 gallons of dried mixed blueberries, strawberries and cherries, and D-47 yeast. Problem is I screwed up and even though I had it written down right, I went 3 Tbsp of crushed black pepper instead of 3 tsp. It's what I get for throwing something together at 1:30 am on a weeknight.

Secondary (or extended primary souring) is the usual stuff, plus a couple new ones.

• 5 gals Brett C. Old Ale w/ Port oak. Gravity is stable, but needs more "old" (about a year old now) so that's getting another year before I bottle it.
  • 5 gals 2014 Turbid mashed Lamebic w/ Chardonnay Oak. 2015 edition gets brewed next weekend, also with Chardonnay oak. 2016 gets brewed next October, and then in fall of 2017 the three get blended for Gueuze, and the rest of the 14 bottled straight.
  • 5.5 gals Flanders Red w/ Cabernet oak. Still has a little more to drop gravity-wise, but is coming into its own.
  • 10 gals Flanders Pale Ale. ECY20 worked it down to 1.001 in 6 months. Character hasn't come in yet, but it'll get there.
  • 10 gals Oud Bruin. See comments for Flanders Pale Ale, same deal. I'm going to have to blend this one to bring some residual sweetness back.
  • 5.5 gals Session Kriek. See comments for the Flanders Pale and Bruin, except 1.000. Will give another 12 months, followed by 3 or 4 months on sour cherries.
  • 5.5 gals 100% Brett L Kriek. Good and dry, and sitting for a month on sour cherries.
  • 5.5 gals 100% Brett B Red. Also sitting in secondary for a month, getting a small (1 oz) Hersbrucker dry hop.

4 gallons Apfelwein
1 gallon "Noble" variety muscadine wine
1 gallon "Tara" variety muscadine wine

4.5g of SuperMoon Citra/Galaxy pale ale.

12049225_10205455329957630_8237288566486564396_n.jpg

5 gallons of pilsner
1 gallon of cider
5 gallons of barleywine
10 gallons of flanders red
10 gallons of brett saison
5 gallons of clean saison
3 gallons of SNPA on brett
5 gallons of flanders brown

5 gallons of French saison
5 gallons of oatmeal stout
6 gallons of ESB - 3 with 1968 and3 with 1968

Primary 1 - Harvest Rasberry Ale
Primary 2 - Pumpkin Ale
Secondary 1 - Super Hopped IPA

The Pumpkin goes to secondary in the next 4-5 days so I will be brewing a Stone IPA Clone more than likely

Primary - 3 gals Mixed Berry Peppercorn Hydromel. 1.032 to 1.001 with mesquite honey, and 1 lb in 3 gallons of dried mixed blueberries, strawberries and cherries, and D-47 yeast. Problem is I screwed up and even though I had it written down right, I went 3 Tbsp of crushed black pepper instead of 3 tsp. It's what I get for throwing something together at 1:30 am on a weeknight.

Secondary (or extended primary souring) is the usual stuff, plus a couple new ones.

• 5 gals Brett C. Old Ale w/ Port oak. Gravity is stable, but needs more "old" (about a year old now) so that's getting another year before I bottle it.
  • 5 gals 2014 Turbid mashed Lamebic w/ Chardonnay Oak. 2015 edition gets brewed next weekend, also with Chardonnay oak. 2016 gets brewed next October, and then in fall of 2017 the three get blended for Gueuze, and the rest of the 14 bottled straight.
  • 5.5 gals Flanders Red w/ Cabernet oak. Still has a little more to drop gravity-wise, but is coming into its own.
  • 10 gals Flanders Pale Ale. ECY20 worked it down to 1.001 in 6 months. Character hasn't come in yet, but it'll get there.
  • 10 gals Oud Bruin. See comments for Flanders Pale Ale, same deal. I'm going to have to blend this one to bring some residual sweetness back.
  • 5.5 gals Session Kriek. See comments for the Flanders Pale and Bruin, except 1.000. Will give another 12 months, followed by 3 or 4 months on sour cherries.
  • 5.5 gals 100% Brett L Kriek. Good and dry, and sitting for a month on sour cherries.
  • 5.5 gals 100% Brett B Red. Also sitting in secondary for a month, getting a small (1 oz) Hersbrucker dry hop.

See above, and add the aformentioned 2015 Turbid mashed Lamebic on Chardonnay oak (5.5 gallons).

Back to the clean beers next.

Waiting for the Cooper's English bitter to finish clearing before I drain off a gallon for malt vinegar & bottle the rest. The Hellfire IIPA is finishing up fermenting atm. Still have to dry hop & dry pepper that one.

Maple Coffee Stout, Chocolate Vanilla Stout, Belgian IPA, IIPA, Saison, and a Czech Pilsner....they are a little full at the moment. Also have two 5 gallon sours that have been hanging for a year.

1 gallon of Cyser in secondary
1 gallon of Edwort's Apfelwein for bottling
3 gallons of Edwort's Apfelwein for kegging
1 gallon of "Noble" variety muscadine wine in primary
1 gallon of "Carlos" (not Tara) variety muscadine wine in primary
1 gallon of Chardonnay in primary
5 gallons of Alpine Black Sheep Stout in primary

Been busy.

Some American Mild that I just pitched. Thinking about a Summit pale ale and them maybe a Czech porter.

Vienna/centennial smash with an oz of centennial dry hopping, moving to cold crash and adding gelatin today, cold crash for 3 days and transfer to keg and condition under pressure for 7-10 days. Want this one to be very clear.

In my fermenter now, and ready for it's two-week gravity check on Saturday or Sunday, is a simple hoppy stout made with WLP585 Saison III. The airlock smells great; hopefully the flavours play nicely together.

Problem? Don't like it, lump it.

Take it to the yard and dump it.

I don't understand your reply. I was simply curious about the incorporation of said cereal product into beer. Reminds me of college.

Two ounces chlorine bleach and 6 gallons of water... In both of them. Having to be extra vigilant vs bacteria after 2 infected batches lately. Then I will rinse and starsan like hell!

I've got me 2.5 gallons of Kama Citra Session IPA from Northern Brewer that's on final day of dry hopping and used a saison yeast (3724).
I've got 2.5 gallons of Kama Citra Session IPA (the other half of the batch I bought) that's sitting in a bucket with Conan DIPA yeast.
5 gallons sitting of Conundrum Session IPA (I know, lot of sessions, but this one was really hoppy) that I just brewed last night on Conan yeast also.

Porter in bottles.

I have 5 gallons of brown ale that I loosely based on the BYO clone recipe of Bells Best Brown. I did all grain of course, Rahr Pale Ale, with a pound each Briess Special Roast, Crystal 60, and Victory, along with 6 oz of British Chocolate. A little bit of Apollo for bittering with Fuggle to finish the boil. US-05.

Back