Early Snow in Northeast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr1nkBeer

Reaction score
In Nutly i'm down with no power! Three days and not a worker in sight... I bought a Generator for 700 bucks .. wired it into my furnace and got internet one cable box and TV and of course my beer fridge with what ever i could save from the freezer in it..

Its grill TIME in nutley... pork chops, sausage and some salmon on the cedar plank...

my question... would you guys worry about your beer hitting 50 degrees? for a day? i have two batches kegged in there and couldnt get it cooled down for a day or so.

I'm not stressing it at all but wondering what your thoughts are.

I wouldn't worry about 50 in your kegerator. Some styles are even better served at that temp.

If you were fermenting batches, then I would be concerned about the yeast ( if ales ) going to sleep.

Best of luck getting your power restored soon. I was without for 48 hours and consider myself lucky.

Got power back last night... Thanks to the boys from Ohio, Illinois and Indiana for coming out and helping.

Really nice guys...

i did have a stout in the basement fermenting its on its third week. It didnt have any activity i think its done actually have to "thief" some and take gravity reading.

Latest posts

Back