Pallet of grain order, central NH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jumbo82

Reaction score
I'm trying to see if there is any local interest in a bulk grain order in the Concord, NH area. For the past several months I've been using an average of a 55 lb sack of grain every two weeks. I've been buying from my LHBS, which is about 30 minutes away, but it would be more convenient to have a stockpile at home to last me several months.

From what I've read, it appears that a pallet is 42 sacks of grain. That would definitely be too much for me. I think 10 sacks would be a reasonable amount, so I'd need a handful of people who want 32 sacks to go in on it with me. I'm not sure what the prices would be, but I'm sure ordering in bulk is the cheapest option. Right now I'm thinking of www.countrymaltgroup.com, although if anybody knows of a better place I'd love to hear about it. If you're interested in getting in on the order, post the number of sacks you'd likely order so I can get a feel for whether this is worthwhile. Thanks.

Back