What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a box with a bunch of old strawberry blonde homebrew in it today. Just looked up this batch in Beersmith and it turns out it's 5 years old! Still tastes good, although not like it did when it was winning gold medals.

1398480290970.jpg

I'll love him more.

Drinking water while watching my wort try to cool from 80 to 60. It's creeping, ground water is 60.

Do you all cover your wort while cooling? Hard to do with this contraption but I wonder.
View attachment 195613
Annnnd it's upside down. Damnit!

I have a similar looking IC. I put the lid kinda 1/2 on to lower the chances of something falling in.

No more Troegenators for me today.

Hopsecutioner. Meh.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398481109.830223.jpg

Now a Resin. Not sure how to put this swing set together. All the instructions are in Spanish, Dutch, French, and Polish. I'm sure after another beer I'll figure it out. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398481826.743075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Holy christ man. That's pure evil. They must be retired lawn junkies
They also put notes on everyone's mail boxes saying they will call animal control if they find poop in their yard again. It was outdoor cats and instead they blamed my dog and my neighbors. They would put the poop on our driveways. They need to DIAF actually. I've never actually had any hate for a neighbor before I met these two dudes. I wrote "you have zero control over city parking" on paper and I'm going to put it all over their no parking signs.

HB hoppy mess. Keg is almost dead.
View attachment 195631
10 minutes into hefeweizen mash.
It's gonna be a late night
Agreed. 5.5 hour brew day. Actually not at all bad considering I was crazy enough to start just before 5 and I was racking to my buckets at 10:20 pm. I think with the pump I didn't vorlauf like I normally should so that killed some time. Beer was fairly cloudy but it'll work itself out. Testing out new/used ferm chamber.
I have a similar looking IC. I put the lid kinda 1/2 on to lower the chances of something falling in.

I ended up doing that towards the end. :)
Water. I need to go to sleep.

Finally scored the SanTan Mr Pineapple Wheat seasonal offering. Pretty damn tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Magic and deception.

Another hoppy mess, just starting the boil. Stuck sparge cost me some time. Pre-boil gravity sample looks good.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398485207.235387.jpg

Another hoppy mess, just starting the boil. Stuck sparge cost me some time. Pre-boil gravity sample looks good.
View attachment 195667

Brewing this late? That's dedication lol. I try not to let me brews go too late. Planning on brewing Wednesday. Need to make a recipe. Going to be another sour.

Well anyway tonight I rocked a couple Arbor Brewing Rockeye Imperial Rye's best rye I've had, Founders Red Rye was usually my #1 but this tops it, along with a Shorts Alien Einstein India Pale Lager, really good tropical hops from sole Mosaic hops. Now onto a Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger IPA, very good stuff. At about 7.5% each minus the Shorts at 5.5abv I'm feelin pretty good. Man I love beer.

Brewing this late? That's dedication lol. I try not to let me brews go too late. Planning on brewing Wednesday. Need to make a recipe. Going to be another sour.

Busy weekend with kids birthday and soccer games. Gotta have this ready for a party on the 15th. Won't be cleaning up until tomorrow.

The things we do for beer...

Another hoppy mess.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398488928.874639.jpg

Busy weekend with kids birthday and soccer games. Gotta have this ready for a party on the 15th. Won't be cleaning up until tomorrow.

The things we do for beer...

Another hoppy mess.
View attachment 195675

Yep. I've been there. Still need to clean my kettle. Will do that tomorrow

Proper glassware at its finest. No one has requested this glass at the brewmania maw.

Attachments

• 1398489264988.jpg
    1398489264988.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 84
Damn, really? I've got to get out more. Love their Breakfast Stout.

HB Cascade Pale Ale this evening. Mmmmmm

Oh yeah, hit this week! Breakfast stout won't be out until August, but we have their whole standard lineup. I love the breakfast stout, but this is the best Porter I have personally had.

Note to self: next time you think 'start brewing at 8pm won't be that bad', punch yourself in the nuts. Or have billy-klubb do it for you.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398497601.285068.jpg

5.75 gallons of Hefe in the fermenter. Missed O.G. By .008. Tried boiling an extra 45 min, gave up, drinking this and going to bed....

I just found this on the counter only half empty.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398513296.056526.jpg

Guess my husband only drank half last night. Ugh. Wasteful.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back