First AG - Edwort's Haus Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaBo

Reaction score
This is my first AG after 2 weeks primary, 1 week secondary and 2 weeks conditioning.
I will let them condition a few more weeks but i couldn't wait to try one... :D

lffc4676039744d8f832fe5ue6.jpg

le191bb4ce7d94b17b63d0ebr5.jpg

cimg3589rs2.jpg

Nice looking beer! Good job.

Nice glass too. I've been there a few times and have had their beer many more times.

What sort of netting do you have in your mash tun? My least favorite part of brewing is cleaning up my mlt... and that looks like a good solution. Do you still use a false bottom or ss braid?

What sort of netting do you have in your mash tun? My least favorite part of brewing is cleaning up my mlt... and that looks like a good solution. Do you still use a false bottom or ss braid?

I'm guessing he is just using a pale and a bottling spigot with the mesh bag holding the grains in.

if you dont like cleaning your mlt you wont like cleaning the bag. i used to use a bag for my mash before i did the cooler conversion. i still use the same bag for my hops during the boil, still a ***** to clean.

sully:

HOP/GRAIN BAGS ARE NOT DIFFICULT TO CLEAN!

all you have to do is turn them inside out and spray them out.

there will be residual crap left on it, so just leave them to dry overnight.

once they are dry, the crap will just FALL OFF. it'll be like dust...you can knock it off with your palm in about 3 seconds.

Latest posts

Back