Re-introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grampska

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's been quite some time since I've been on here so I thought I'd re-introduce myself. I just relocated from Pennsyltucky to Colorado Springs, CO.

Can any locals recommend good home brewing stores?

Also, is there anything I have to worry about due to the increased altitude, 6600 ft higher, and decreased humidity, about 15% less on average.

Thanks,
Andy

Yeah. You won't be able to drink as much as you think you can due to the altitude.
I don't know about any stores down south but I'm pretty sure there is one.

I moved from CO Springs about 2 years ago. Man, I miss it there!

I usually went to My Homebrew Shop, but they moved further away from the house right before I left. It was a mess then, but I imagine they have it pretty nice now. The owner's name is Duane and he's a pretty cool guy.

I also went to Old West Homebrew a few times. They've got a small place downtown, are a little more expensive, and a little less "cool". I'd check it out for yourself, though.

If you're up by Monument, check out High Country. At the time they didn't have any all grain stuff, but they had a good supply of wine kits/equipment and I think some beer extract stuff. I got a few bits of equipment there since it was close for me.

Smogre said:
Yeah. You won't be able to drink as much as you think you can due to the altitude.
I don't buy this. The effects may be slightly intensified for someone who isn't conditioned to the altitude. Once you've lived there for a month or so, you're body has compensated for the altitude and I don't think it makes any difference.

Make sure you are boiling @212f. Your water will boil at lower temps at 6000ft.
Sorry, but that's just funny. If it boils at say 208º, then that's as hot as it'll get, and 60 mins at 208º won't be any different than at 212º. ;)

I don't buy this. The effects may be slightly intensified for someone who isn't conditioned to the altitude. Once you've lived there for a month or so, you're body has compensated for the altitude and I don't think it makes any difference.

You only slightly don't buy it.

One of my biggest worries to this day is where are my sunglasses. We get a ton of blue sky days.

So enjoy and welcome to Colorado!

No, I respectfully respect my opponent, but I can not and will not accept the false statements he is trying to make about me. I completely don't buy it. But there may be the rare occasion when I may slightly accept it.

And I agree 100% - the weather there is incredible 95% of the time! Or maybe I agree 95% that the weather there is incredible 100% of the time.

Am I qualified to run for office now? :D

:mug:
Hah! I think you'd do very well.

Now where is that sunscreen? You know you'll get a sunburn faster at higher altitudes.

:mug:
Hah! I think you'd do very well.

Now where is that sunscreen? You know you'll get a sunburn faster at higher altitudes.

That's just another lie perpetuated by the green tree-hugging bastards that think there's a hole in the ozone. What you really need is some more smog up there to block some of those harmful UV rays! ;)

Back