Firestone Keg Parts Needed- HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up three Firestone/Spartanburg ball lock corny kegs for a reasonable price.. maybe.. They are single handled kegs with the black rubber on the bottom.

They may need replacement poppets.. don't think this is a problem.
They DO need replacement nylon washers on In and Out ports... don't see this as a problem.
They need replacement O-Rings on the outsides of the ports. no problem.

BUT.....

The gasket used in the liquid out dip tube looks like a piece of rubber hose. It fits the OD of the LO tube and fits into a recess in the top of the keg. These usually seem to be O-Rings.. not on this keg.. it's a square cross sectioned ring.

Anyone know where I can find these?

I rebuilt my Firestone with a regular corny rebuild kit. The ring you mention is sometimes called quad seal. Just use a regular seal kit and don't over tighten stuff. You will feel when the seals start to compress and do their job.

Really? So, by regular ring.. you mean the one that goes between the tube and the keg? There doesn't seem to be anything to contain it. Thought I'd try to stack a couple of O-Rings.. I can't picture an 0-ring fat enough to do that job.. I'm also going to check McMaster.. I know there is such a thing as a square cross section O Ring. I think I can get by with what I have now.. but for the future.. I ought to pick up a few...

There is a thread on this forum that has a McMaster-Carr shopping list for keg parts. Search for it.

I have some of those kegs and could not find the correct size on mcmaster. They sell ones that are half the height. I was just thinking of doubling those up. Let me know if you come across the correct size.

Back