Reproducing commercial beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I am still just brewing from the pre-made ingredient kits. But I would like to know if there is a web site or some place that you can look up which kits approximate a commercial beer. Last summer I really liked the Blue Moon beer, and my wife really liked the Leinenkugel Berry Weiss. I would like to brew something similar to them but just don't know where to start.

It's geared towards all-grain brewing, but the Jamil Show's been doing "Can You Brew It?" podcasts for a while, where JZ, Mike McDole, and a few other guys try and clone a commercial beer that people particularly like. It's a lot of good info, interviews with head brewers, etc, and stuff that might help you understand how these excellent brewers approach this.

There's a metric ****ton of clone recipes out there, but as you'd expect... they ain't all good.

I would definitely start by looking at austinhomebrews clones. My experiences with their kits has been top notch. Anything I've been able to compare directly, has been close enough to fit within batch variations.

Back