Still Flu-ish, Bored

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Three days later, I'm still flu-ish. Sick of being sick and bored. Still got a headache that ibuprofen and Tylenol can't seem to deal with.

I've watched all the old episodes of Sons of Anarchy from Comcast on-demand. Sleep, read, blah.

Cruising hbt is about the only interesting thing I've done for a few days.

Hang in there, Papperooni! It won't be much longer. If it makes you feel any better, I've been stuck in the house for 6 weeks with a broken foot (auto accident). Cast comes off tomorrow!

6 weeks! Wow . . .

Sorry to hear about the accident -sounds like it must have been bad.

Hang in there, Papperooni! It won't be much longer. If it makes you feel any better, I've been stuck in the house for 6 weeks with a broken foot (auto accident). Cast comes off tomorrow!

Sounds like the same thing my wife has. She went back to work yesterday, but came straight home and basically went to bed after watching Castle with me on DVR (great show...)

it is a miserable time, i think the worse part is where your at now. you dont just sleep all day but you also dont feel good enough to do normal activities. you'll be gettin better soon though at least

Prepare one large shot vodka, a squeze of fresh lemon, fresh black pepper layered on top.Carry shot into bathroom with you. Start a shower, as hot as you can tolerate. Shower till you run out of hot water. Towel off, take shot and slide into bed. You will feel like a millon bucks in the morning. I worked in a hospital and was given this cure by a Russian doctor. Works for me when i feel like poop!!!

Prepare one large shot vodka, a squeze of fresh lemon, fresh black pepper layered on top.Carry shot into bathroom with you. Start a shower, as hot as you can tolerate. Shower till you run out of hot water. Towel off, take shot and slide into bed. You will feel like a millon bucks in the morning. I worked in a hospital and was given this cure by a Russian doctor. Works for me when i feel like poop!!!

Wow. Occasionally, my boys and I go to a Russian sauna here in Chicago, and the Russian guys insist that it cures polio, diptheria, and cancer. Vodka, lemon and pepper sound therapeutic, too.

Ok, so I'm just dropping a computer off to a client's work when my wife calls and says my daughter is vomiting.

Apparently she felt ok until the walk home. She goes maybe a block to my mom's house and feels so bad by then that she asks for a ride. She eats a small bag of chips to settle her stomach. They stop at the elementary school, which is like 2 blocks from mom's house to pick up my young one. Older one goes inside to get her and gets sick.

They ride home (4 blocks) and now she's in bed with Chills, vomiting, and stomach cramps (which could just be normal for this time of the month) and a LOW temperature of 96.5, which is up now to 97.5. I suspect it will keep going past normal soon.

So, since she was sick last week, is this another flu, or something she ate?

when i succumb to the flu, i invariably end up getting smashed... then it's a miasma of a hangover complicated by flu. sorts me right out. :p

Latest posts

Back