Cheap Chinese K-Type Probes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manoaction

Reaction score
I honestly can't answer your question, but I think many of the expensive probes are probably "cheap Chinese K-Type probes". I have always bought my probes from ThermoWorks. At least my Thermapen is made in the UK by nice Limey folk.

Does anybody have experience with stuff like this?

I need three of them and that seems like a swinging deal compared with $15 a piece when buying from the regular places.

They're stainless, shrouded, appropriate size, and just five bucks each with free shipping.

This seems like a plan, but I haven't done this before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-Type-5mm-...372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d06f30bdc

I had a few of these, and they seem to work ok as thermocouples, however the spring for the cable as it goes into the thermocouple is not stainless. The ones I have rusted up in mild humidity. If you dont mind the outside parts rusting, they are a bargain. I have replaced mine with Auber thermocouples.

I have few similar RTD probes. After 1 year they are working fine.

Back