Label concept and a couple examples

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to go with a theme of personification in the names and labels of my beers. That is, each beer gets a fictional person's name, and on each label is a picture of the person. I'm keeping the design simple enough to do in paint, and I write a description of the beer but word it as though it were describing a person's story/personality. First label is an irish red ale:
recipe

Patrick White Text.jpg

On the way is Alphonse abbey style tripel. I'd love some feedback, the write ups are meant to be a bit cheesy and sort of commercial.

Great concept and labels. I like Kieran better than Patrick (sorry, English degree coming through). Kieran does things. He moves, finds, knows and toughens up. Patrick is more described. Better to tell a story, show don't tell, etc. For great narrative beer labels, I can't recommend Lagunitas' bombers enough. You've done a great job here. When I get to bottling and labeling my beers (rather than just pouring them out of a keg) I hope they will have as much character as yours.

I really like the label concept (and being Irish, I'm partial to both!). The white font looks much better and is really set off by the label colors. Only one thing I saw amiss: on the Patrick label, fix the spelling of the word existence. It should be an E, not an A.

Great job!

I like the idea of having characters ....

And my wife wants to know if Kieran is available for private parties?

Nice labels... cool concept too. At 8.5% A.B.V It's no wonder things have slowed down around the old abbey...

This is a really cool concept. I really like the descriptive label. Now, lets see one for a Lambic. That should be interesting

hah! next is a witbier that came out too dark for a witbier. It's called Colette the homeley belgian witbier. Should be done tomorrow.

Back