My 10 gal AG system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
This is whats left after I took and rebuilt my 3 tier gravity brewhaus. I decided it was time to upgrade the system with a pump and direct fire MT. The HLT is on the right and has a home built copper siphon and weld less thermo, and is fired by a 55,00 btu burner. The plain kettle next to that in the middle is my MT. It has a Sabco false bottom and siphon along with SS full and half couplings, which hold my 1/2" MPT SS thermo and ball valve.The MT is direct fired by a 55,000 btu burner. The BK is on the far left and is fired by a 210,000 btu burner, and it also houses a Sabco false bottom and siphon along with SS hardware and thermo. The pump is a March 809 with SS ball valve controlling the flow on the out. The hoses can be moved around with QDs to accommodate dough in, recirculation and sparging. The BK is gravity drained through my counterflow chiller and into the fermenter. I hope you enjoy the pics.

[IMG=" ]

[IMG=" ]

This is the copper recirculator:

[IMG=" ]

nice rig! I cant tell by the pictures but how high is that thing? I have a one tier and its short. I think since mine is so short i miss out on keeping everything in one place, no underneath storage its like you got plenty i think that is a benifit to the higher rigs. IS that heat exhager under the boil?

Sweet setup......but....just one problem.

That keg on the left and the right...I just can't put my finger on it....but....oh yeah....they're way to damn pretty....

Sorry, they're just not BM worthy... :D

tbulger, it's high enough for me to still need my step ladder, but not high enough to worry about hurting muscles while lifting water. No, that coil below my boil is actually a 7 gal pot and pre chiller. I fill that with frozen packs of veggies and water and let my tap water run through there before it goes through my counterflow.

Hey BM, thanks for the props on the kettles. Those have actually been like that for some time now(pre polish days). I probably would leave the MT alone but I plan on polishing it to match. Maybe put the red stripe back on it though. Cheers, Gabe

Very nice! Do you have any trouble with the march pump being mounted like that--mine doesn't work unless the inlet hose is facing up so that gravity pushes the wort through.

No, No trouble with the pump at all. Thought most mounted theirs with the inlet down to keep the air out of the line? This seems to work for me just fine.

Latest posts

Back