Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
machinelf said:
Tonka trucks used to be made of metal, and I loved digging under the porch with one like this.

they were made well back then.. I remember being pulled by my brother on his bike all around my block sitting in a dump truck when I was little... :mug:
Edit: the new metal ones have cheaper wheels and shafts now!!

Bob and Doug used to crack me up.

08-13-great-white-north1.jpg

Bob and Doug used to crack me up.

That's where I learned how to convert to the metric system... just double it, and add 30. ;)

Pretty sure I still have one of their albums somewhere. Probably the same place that I have this one:

Lenny_and_the_Squigtones_LP.jpg

Elf, too funny.

The very first album I ever bought with my own money was-

41AEN1935SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It was the start of an obsession that had me owning close to 5,000 albums at one time. (I worked in radio and also was a wedding Dj back in the day, so I had a ton for work.

If you've got a six pack of beers, how much is that in metric?
Let's see, uh, 42. 42 metric beers.

maybe I'mnot getting the pun but, water boils at 212 and cannot get any higher as it flashes to steam at 213 but the water always stays at 212 boiling.

maybe I'mnot getting the pun but, water boils at 212 and cannot get any higher as it flashes to steam at 213 but the water always stays at 212 boiling.

Yeah definitely went right over your head :D

Celcius to Farenheit conversion -- F = ((9/5)*C) + 32

If you're doing it in your head, you can get away with double plus 30 if the celcius reading is relatively low.

But overall, it's a gag from The Great White North.

So in your conversion water boils at 230° F

I double and add a percentage randomly depending on how high the temp is to 212. The conversion is a ball park, not an absolute. Its an easy way to be an American in a metric world.;)

I balance my checkbook the same way. Oh wait, I bet very few even know what they are...

CGVT, beat me to it! I opened this page and left it alone for a few minutes and didn't refresh :D

I remember those from when I was a kid. People used to drop them wherever they happened to be and other people would step on them and get cut.
"I blew out my flip-flop
Stepped on a pop-top
Cut my heel had to cruise on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on"
- Jimmy Buffet

Or they'd drop it back in the can and hope they didn't swallow it by accident!

Back