• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WT borrow - jockey box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrott

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting married on 12/30/11 and the reception hall we're using doesn't have anything to serve up beer other than the large buckets to pack the kegs in ice.

I think I am planning to have 4 beers on tap, so I can either cannibalize my keezer and use their buckets and hope they can chill the beer enough in time, or look toward the jockey box route which I'd prefer.

I can't justify buying/building one as I don't think I'll need it all that frequently so I figured if there was someone willing to loan/lend one to me it would be much more ideal.

I'm in central Montgomery County, PA between Lansdale and Collegeville. Anyone willing for that date with a few days before & after let me know.

Cheers!

I have a copper coil one and a single plate chiller. The plate needs to be made up, but I have all the parts. Your are welcome to borrow it. The copper coil sometimes leave a slight copper taste on a lighter beer if it sits in there.

I will be out of the country for my wedding then(Austrilia), you could also borrow my garage kegerator. It is only for sours, so it would need a good flush probably.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Home Brew Talk

I would check with local caterers or a local beer distributor. They might have one to rent. You are welcome to borrow mine(2 tap) but I think shipping might cost more than it would be to rent.

I was in the same situation as you this year. If you have any homebrew shops close i would ask them first. If they sell jockey boxes, I'm sure they would be open to renting you one or two for you wedding. If you don't have a homebrew shop close, I'd contact the closest beverage supply store. One that deals w/ bars and such and see if they ahve any for rental. I was lucky enough to find a couple of homebrew shops to rent me the boxes. I hope all goes well for you and congrats!

My LHBS rents them... As said before, Contacting your LHBS might be a good way to go. Or look for a local homebrew club.

Back