WilliamsWorn Personal Brewery: Abomination or Mild Annoyance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunslinger711

Reaction score
I'm going to bet an all grain beats the complexity of that any day but at 4500 hey if you wanna buy it go for it. Seems pretty cool that someone made that though.....

im going with abonination :D

It reminds me of Space Balls. Mr radar,Mr coffee...now Mr beer. "Keep brewing,a-holes!"lolz,what a gimmick. Not to mention,all the lies & half-truths they used.

ohh man the comments on this page are awesome...

OMG! British Dinosaur! @Silence04
Wed 13 Apr 2011 1:45 AM

I am not vouching for the the quality of this. But, you did watch the video right? There was at least 3 different beers I saw... and I didn't see an "American light beer" listed. I don't think English Pale Ale, "Summer Lager", or "Blonde Ale" are "Miller Knockoffs". Though, you are probably right... there would most likely never be those beers you created... Adding fruits and vegetables to beers does not automatically make beers great... though it does make them "cool", I guess.

Though, I have no doubt that you make fine beer... modesty would be a far better approach to get your point across... in my humble opinion.

Oh, and just to make mention... though I am personally not a fan.

Miller Lite won the World Beer Cup's gold medal for Best American-Style Light Lager in 1996, 1998, 2002, and 2006. It also won the Great American Beer Festival's silver medal in 2003 in the same category.

At the 2010 Great American Beer Festival, Miller Lite won the gold medal for Best American Style Lager or Light Lager, beating out Miller Genuine Draft, which received the Bronze.

I am an IPA man, myself. (Edit comment)

bob.delt @OMG! British Dinosaur! promoted by OMG! British Dinosaur! Wed 13 Apr 2011 10:12 AM
Considering miller lite INVENTED the category... it would be a shame if they didnt win American Light Lager....

Wow Miller lite is better than Coors light, bud light, keystone light, pbr light, etc... They must be proud. (Edit comment)

It's Mr.Beer 2.0. Add a can of pre-hopped extract to water, pitch dry yeast, drink in 7 days =). But I wouldn't call it "beer".

That is a high price to pay for something that most likely makes mediocre beer at best. Plus it seems like it would make brewing as much fun as changing the oil in your car.

If I had more dollars than sense (not going to happen), I might consider it as a supplement to my current "system" (a pot, a bucket, and a carboy), maybe just for lagers. Of course, I'd probably go with their "advanced" method of steeping grains on my stove before adding the extract, and then, of course, my hop additions... But I'm glad to see anyone at least trying to innovate. I've often wondered about a way to use fermentation CO2 for carbonation, by my cavalier thoughts on the matter have involved apparatus for storing & the re-injecting into the system. This approach seems more elegant in this regard...

It reminds me of Space Balls. Mr radar,Mr coffee...now Mr beer. "Keep brewing,a-holes!"

Hahaha!! Awesome!

Seriously - does this have anything to do with Williams Brewing? If not, then the WilliamsWarn brewing name is confusing and might make customers think they are the same company.

Back