CFL (Canadian Football League)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spend my school years across the street from where the Alouettes play....

Most Canadians I know scoff at the league...

The CFL was officially founded in 1958, but can trace its origins to the 1860s. It is the highest level of play in Canadian football, the most popular football league in Canada, and the most popular major sports league in Canada after the National Hockey League.

team_1_800.jpg

im not insulting it, im just trying to assertain why American football is called football. after all the whole world refers to football differently

I have no idea really. I honestly don't think anyone really knows. It is just the american way to have to do everything differently then get pissed at the people that don't do it their way.

Only in america hey lol, as a sports development officer in Northern Ireland i have always been puzzled to why its called this. i know the reason behind the terminology of soccer and very few country actually call it soccer

very few? other than canada who else calls it soccer? And what is the meaning behind that one?

Back