Is this a good kegging deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoplobster

Reaction score
I recently brewed for the first time in about a year and it's time to bottle... now I've got my new house and a second hand me down fridge that's in the basement housing extra food, and of course, I'm dreading the bottling day and thinking it's time to put that 'fridge to use... I've looked at kegging setups in the past and I came across this one today: Brew Logic Single Tap Draft System.

It's listed at $149.95 and comes with hoses, disconnects, dual gauge regulator, keg and 5# CO2 cylinder... the pages states the CO2 tank and keg are re-conditioned.

This is a much lower price than anything I've seen in the past, so of course, my first reaction is: What's wrong with it? Any thoughts?

Also, its states on the page that the reconditioned CO2 tank can be substituted with a brand new brushed aluminum tank. Any reason on why one wouldn't want to make that swap?

Thanks!

Seems like a decent price to me- I checked on kegconnection and the same thing is about $160. I'm also in the market for about 6 cornies (ball lock) if anyone knows of any good deals.

I agree that it seems like a good price. Lots of people use reconditioned kegs as they are MUCH cheaper and more readily available than new kegs so I wouldn't worry about that. As for the reconditioned CO2 tank, I wouldn't worry about that either, especially if you're going to be getting gas from our local gas supplier who will likely want you to 'drop and swap' when you get a fill rather than filling while you wait.

Brian

Back