fermentation/sorbate help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugenBrau

Reaction score
Last year in October (2008) I put up 5 gallons of cider(1.063OG) and pitched Safale 04. I racked it off to the secondary in the middle of November(2008) and added cranberry juice and raspberry flavoring. I sorbated/K meta two weeks ago with the intention of back sweetening and bottling it still.
Now I'm getting a bubble about every two minutes. After all this time why would it happen now? I don't see how it can be a refermentation because I have not added any sugar. My FG is .998. I don't want to bottle this just to watch the corks blow out. Should I just ignore it? Never had this happen before.

I considered that but there is a consistent slow bubbling. Its cold out tonoght and the temp in my basement has dropped but it still bubbles! I know the simple thing would be to just keg it and carb it and forget it. This is the recipe that I have posted and I have made it without any problems before. People love it still

Back