transporting beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cha ngo

Reaction score
I do not have a counterflow bottle filler.
I would like to take a six pack of my kegged beer across town to watch a game tonight (Seahawks at the Bears).
I do have 6 empty bottles and capping stuff (remnants from the Hellish days pre-kegging).
My question is:
If I fill the bottles with a very low pressure and cap immediately, will they stay carbonated for an hour or two? Otherwise I will just have to grab a six-pack on the way over (which is not so bad I guess).
My apologies if this has been discussed ad-nauseum, I did a quick search.
Thanks.

Chill the bottles in the freezer and they won't foam much when you fill them.

I use some tubing on the end of a party tap to fill bottles. The tubing goes to the bottom of the bottle. I filled a 1 liter Nalgene bottle and flew from BC to Saskatchewan with no noticeable loss of carbonation.

For next time, I highly recommend a gadget called the Carbonator from Liquid Bread.

carbsd1t.jpg

You put it on 1, 2 or 3 liter PET bottles and you can take your beer anywhere. It's a pretty sweet gadget. Just fill your bottle with beer, sweeze out the excess air, and charge with 20 lbs. of CO2 before you go. It'll stay carbed and you'll be enjoying your beverage where ever you go.

bottles.jpg

I have several. You can get them as low as 9.95 if you buy 4 at Williams Brewing.

I was just pondering this question today. I chilled a bottle down in the freezer and filled it under low pressure I'll check it tomorrow after work as a QC thing of course and let you know how it worked.
ED how do you get the Co2 in the bottle with that there fancy gadget? Sorry for the thread jack.

Well I just cracked the bottle open after 18 hrs it held some of the co2 I think results could have been better.

I've been thinking about buying a couple of these caps, but damn, $10 a pop is a little steep for a hunk of plastic...

My wife likes the idea and of course I sold her on the idea as you can carbonate any liquid like water (for her) or fruit juice (for our daughter). I just need to convince myself to spend $10 on it!

:drunk:

Back