Stuck fermentation...What to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neumann

Reaction score
My Holiday Spiced ale is stuck at 1.041 (from 1.068). It's been in primary for 2.5 weeks. Took a hydrometer reading on Saturday after the krausen had fallen expecting for it to be done. When it read 1.041, I swirled the carboy and put it away. Peaked in on it every now and then and saw what I thought was more krausen forming (see here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/whats-up-krausen-144781/). I took a hydrometer reading today at lunch and there hasn't been a change...
It has said between 67 and 69 degrees the whole time and I don't really have anywhere warmer to put it. I've got a packet of Nottingham, a packet of S-33, and a packet of Munton's (Midwest keeps shipping Dry yeast even though I order and get the liquid too). Should I rehydrate and pitch one of these or go to my LHBS and try and find a packet of the Wyest 1338 that I pitched to begin with and make a starter with that? Waiting doesn't seem like it's doing anything...

OK, I hydrated and pitched the Notty into it this morning. I'll give that a couple of days before I take drastic measures.

Back