Millennium Heineken Magnum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadGrimey

Reaction score
I have a bottle that's been sitting in my wine cellar for the last 10 years.

It's a Heineken Magnum that they released to celebrate the millennium.

Despite being a lager, I'm pretty sure it's good to drink. I sampled some 6 year old Heineken (don't laugh) and it had actually aged quite nicely.

My question here is: Is it worth anything? It's been stored in optimal conditions the whole time and is a huge bottle (pretty sure most of you guys will remember these).

Valuation please? Thanks.

Thanks a bunch guys. Only 72 views and no replies... good sht.

Well, we're homebrewers. We probably don't know. Instead of 72 people replying "I don't know", no one answered. Here's my answer: I don't know. Try Ebay.

Not only are we homebrewers, many of us are beer snobs. I don't think many of us collect Heineken, or even drink it. No one gave you a hard time about your question- it's a valid question. But to slam people on a homebrew forum for not answering a question about an old magnum of Heineken irritated me.

Well, we're homebrewers. We probably don't know. Instead of 72 people replying "I don't know", no one answered. Here's my answer: I don't know. Try Ebay.

Not only are we homebrewers, many of us are beer snobs. I don't think many of us collect Heineken, or even drink it. No one gave you a hard time about your question- it's a valid question. But to slam people on a homebrew forum for not answering a question about an old magnum of Heineken irritated me.

Hey man wasn't trying to make it out to be a slam but it would have been nice for one of those 72 people to say "I don't know"... or "It's not worth anything"...

I know you guys are homebrewers, so I thought it would be a good venue to get some opinions. Anyway, sorry, no offense intended.

What we did was just popped it at a party with a bunch of friends and re-celebrated the year 2000 at midnight. Was a bunch of fun and worth much more than I could have gotten for the bottle.

Beer tasted just fine - better than fresh Heineken (and yes, I know that's not saying much!) :mug:

glad you enjoyed it. - this forum is usually very helpful and nice to new posters.
please hang around and you will learn lots and hopefully give advice back.

Hey man wasn't trying to make it out to be a slam but it would have been nice for one of those 72 people to say "I don't know"... or "It's not worth anything"...

I know you guys are homebrewers, so I thought it would be a good venue to get some opinions. Anyway, sorry, no offense intended.

What we did was just popped it at a party with a bunch of friends and re-celebrated the year 2000 at midnight. Was a bunch of fun and worth much more than I could have gotten for the bottle.

Beer tasted just fine - better than fresh Heineken (and yes, I know that's not saying much!) :mug:

Sorry I sounded so snippy! We're usually very welcoming. I just took a curse in your post as being derogatory because no one had the answer you were looking for.

Glad you enjoyed the magnum!

Back