Simcoe test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops-4-Life

Reaction score
I brewed a 4 gallon batch today of IPA using Simcoe (and lots of it... Thx Brewiz :mug: ) and had to call my Homebrew Sensei Brewiz and asked about how to finish it out. He suggested Cascade so I threw in a nice handful at 10 mins before flame out. The false bottom he gave me can't be "stuck"... I have tried my hardest and have failed each time. I had 3 inches of hop leaves and it ran like water into my fermenter.

I want to work the same recipe over and over until I get the "perfect brew". It keeps getting better, and from the smell of this one, I think I might have it. :rockin:

Default Grain Bill for 5 gallon batch:
#12 2-row
#1 Munich
#1 30/37Carastan
#1 Crystal 75L
Always mashed at 154-F
Batch Sparge
7 gallon mash tun cooler
Always filled to the top
Usually pull 3 gallons 1st runnings

I added #.5 Victory to the Friday night brew just to mix it up. I'm playing with the hops since the base is awesome.

I don't check OG-SG-FG... I use the bubble method... If it bubbles like a good fart in the tub for 4 days... We hit the mark! :drunk:

I did an all Simcoe IPA and I didnt really care for it or I used to much Simcoe.
I am wondering how your's tastes?

Back