What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allenH said:
Founders was supposed to be in today, but it seems they pushed it back a couple of weeks. This is also new to my market. Pretty good.

I saw this at my bottle shop last night and I was wondering about it. I'd heard Sixpoint made some decent beers, but I don't know anything about them. Would you get that one again?

I was too distracted to post last night by the Pens game, but this happened last night:
Voodoo 4 Seasons
Blue Point IPA
Founders Centennial
Goose Island IPA
Oskar Blues Gubna (AWESOME!!!)

This pic is what I like to call Cause and Effect.

image-3347297942.jpg

This pic is what it looked like to me this morning. :/

image-2056948018.jpg

TNGabe said:
I wondered if that's what you were talking about. Haven't done the 'vertical' yet, can't say I'm in a hurry.

I must've missed this post last night.
Definitely let me know when you do the TB vertical. I want to know if the 94 is just as bad. I also want to hear your description of the taste of that 97. ;)

Oh, and a couple ones who frequent this thread will be jealous of what is pictured below.
You know who you are. :D

image-2372264750.jpg

I was too distracted to post last night by the Pens game, but this happened last night:
Voodoo 4 Seasons
Blue Point IPA
Founders Centennial
Goose Island IPA

There's too much noise in his picture. Can you turn it down a bit? :) Ibuprofen.

tyzippers said:
Voodoo 4 Seasons
Blue Point IPA
Founders Centennial
Goose Island IPA

That's some ipa you had there. Are you sweating hops?

Definitely let me know when you do the TB vertical. I want to know if the 94 is just as bad. I also want to hear your description of the taste of that 97. ;)

Oh, and a couple ones who frequent this thread will be jealous of what is pictured below.

I know I am!!!!

mike_in_ak said:
That's some ipa you had there. Are you sweating hops?

Yep. Sweating lupulin and my strawberries and cream oatmeal tasted like hops. Not saying this is a bad thing!

small Almond milk coffee lovers latte .Need another one knew I shoulda got a bigger one.:smack: Going to bottle my kitchen cupboard cleanup stout fermented straight outa a bottleing bucket.Easy brew day.
Making my first mead or should say metheglin, found some local honey surprisingly cheaper than would be from the brewing supply sources. Going with ginger and vanilla beans. Easy brew day for that as well.

Yup I'm jealous ;)

NIZZLE said:
Yup I'm jealous ;)

I don't know how it happened, but a second bottle ended up being purchased. Strange, I guess I'll just throw it in this big box of beer I'm packing up. ;)

TangoHotel said:
Tell me about it. A 2 hour hangover now can last 2 full days. No one told me about this! Ain't nobody got time for that! Glad your feeling better.

Agreed. At 32, and I didnt get the memo about this either. A couple of beers "too many", and BAM, hello two-day hangover. Its not fair!!

DisturbdChemist said:
Yeppers. Got some time to kill before the clutch concert.

Drinking the beer I help make! Buffalo Bayou- Summer wit and yes the beer is pink. Always taste better when you make it!

You helped make it? So is it oxidized with a strong taste of chlorine? ;)

I wonder if they'll have some of that available for next Saturday's tour.

You helped make it? So is it oxidized with a strong taste of chlorine? ;)

I wonder if they'll have some of that available for next Saturday's tour.

Its not one of my beers they kept me from Screwing it up. Lol they should have it on the next tour. It's their summer seasonal. It's mighty tastey. I know what's in this beer. It's good. Have you tried the orne belgian strong?

Had a Flying Dog Citra IIPA at The Yard House yesterday... just finished kegging my Addicted Coffee Stout and off to pick up something from the local grocery store. They have quite a nice craft brew selection.

DisturbdChemist said:
The other triple. The one with bs on the cap. Im not used to typing on the screen yet. Its a pain so far

Oh ok. How long was that in the bottle before you gave it to me? I opened it, poured it in the glass and it didn't seem right. It tasted like it might have been infected. I inspected the bottle and saw a couple spots inside. They may have been there when you bottled off the keg and it could've gone bad.

Oh ok. How long was that in the bottle before you gave it to me? I opened it, poured it in the glass and it didn't seem right. It tasted like it might have been infected. I inspected the bottle and saw a couple spots inside. They may have been there when you bottled off the keg and it could've gone bad.

Sh*t. Its been in the bottle over a year. What did you taste off in it? Last time I had it it was good and it scored well at the dixie cup

DisturbdChemist said:
Sh*t. Its been in the bottle over a year. What did you taste off in it? Last time I had it it was good and it scored well at the dixie cup

It smelled and tasted strongly fruity/cidery. It was also murky and thick. It has been a few days so that's all I can remember. But if it did well at Dixie cup and was great a year ago, my bet is it just went bad in the bottle. Or atleast this bottle.

It smelled and tasted strongly fruity/cidery. It was also murky and thick. It has been a few days so that's all I can remember. But if it did well at Dixie cup and was great a year ago, my bet is it just went bad in the bottle. Or atleast this bottle.

Alright man. I think I have a few more. Ill try one soon go see if its gone bad. Its been a bad month brewing for me

Back