What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stone Guardian while I brew chemnitz's Vespers Abbey Dubbel with SnickASaurusRex's homemade Candi Syrup #5 :rockin:

I love me some HBT :mug:

Just enjoying one of my Irish red ales... brewed on 1/10/11, bottled 1/30/11... 6.1% ABV of Irish greatness. :rockin: Had this one in the fridge for about two weeks before pouring it tonight... REALLY clear in the glass, and tastes so damned good... :ban: I think this is going to be another brew on the 'repeat' list. :D

Airborneguy said:
Yeni Raki out of the bottle. Anyone who knows what this is knows its a fairly regional, ethnic spirit. It's my "minor" ethnicity, so I occasionally have to have some! :)

Ever eaten at Seaside? We love that place. Ive been dyin to try raki. Where do you get it?

Oh, and im drinkin Blue Moon spring blonde wheat.

Amazing!!

image-2761740956.jpg

Stone Old Guardian was followed by my Drooling Scottish Moose (why are my 7oz coronitos and 15 oz Grolsch overcarbed but my 12oz bottles are flat...) followed by my Devils Punchbowl Golden Strong to be followed very shortly by my Saccharomyces Belgian Pale in celebration of my successful brewing of chemnitz's Vespers Abbey Dubbel...I really like the Belgian brews :mug:

Tonight, lite rye, 60 minute clone, blueberry mead, and Sam Adams Scotch Ale. Feeling fantastic!

As I'm typing, I'm enjoying a Ballast Point Sculpin. If you're an IPA fan and haven't had it, do yourself a favor and grab a bottle. Grapefruit nose, dry pine finish. Also, a friend left half a case of Drake Tail IPA (out of Williamsburg, Va) at my house after a get together last weekend, so I've been drinking that too. Not a bad IPA at all. A little dry and bitter but when it comes up to temperature, it's a pretty decent drinking beer.

it has been an all around good night

all around good stuff. Reminds me of christmas ale in some aspects, but with more hop character and presence.
dscn2945m.jpg

impressive stuff. Has a lot of flavor(molasses, caramel, vanilla) and is really smooth with minimal alcohol presence.
dscn2946b.jpg

Another great IPA of many I have had. Tons of orange and grapefruit, with a fair amount of bitterness. Also has great balance so the bitterness is not so overpowering, though i do like more hop forward IPAs
dscn2947y.jpg

it has been an all around good night

all around good stuff. Reminds me of christmas ale in some aspects, but with more hop character and presence.
dscn2945m.jpg

impressive stuff. Has a lot of flavor(molasses, caramel, vanilla) and is really smooth with minimal alcohol presence.
dscn2946b.jpg

Another great IPA of many I have had. Tons of orange and grapefruit, with a fair amount of bitterness. Also has great balance so the bitterness is not so overpowering, though i do like more hop forward IPAs
dscn2947y.jpg

I see your three and toast you with my 5th! Plan on being nice and numb tonight... just starting to BBQ baby back pork ribs at 10pm our time... you?

Cold Storage Craft Brewery of Tampa's IPA. New local brewery, first taste tonight. IPA's not bad. Very flavorful (Cascade), not much backbone, decent maltiness and mouthfeel. A very drinkable IPA.

WHAT am I drinking now?!?! The real question here is, WHY am I drinking now?!?!?

The real question isn't why drink -- its why the hell not ?

I drinkin hot n spicy tequila bloody marys, but i guess i gonna knock it off everyone but me is already crashed out anyway

so true

this one is especially good though even though the celery was sorta wilty -- i was grilling steaks earlier this evening and thought I would use some of the Montreal Steak Seasoning in the bloody mary mix and it was unreal -- so good

my Bloody Mary recipe:
kettle one vodka
Worcestershire sauce
tabasco
celery salt
pepper
olives
celery
a squeeze of lime
salted rim of glass
bloody merry mix

I finish the night with 1-3 bloody marys.... follow my trend over the last 2-3 days.... 1.5L Vodka gone in 4 days due to bloody marys.... MMMMMM!

Drinking a Dogfish Palo Santo Marron and then going to Bloody Mary's... yes Plural

my Bloody Mary recipe:
kettle one vodka
Worcestershire sauce
tabasco
celery salt
pepper
olives
celery
a squeeze of lime
salted rim of glass
bloody merry mix

I'm lazy so it is:

Free Pour of Rain Organic Vodka (usually equates to ~50%

Free Squeeze of Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice

Free Shake of Salt

Top off of Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix in pint glass

Stir/Shake and Pound!!

Hmm, I don't have all the fixings for a bloody. I have the worcestershire, olives, lime, celery, salt, tabasco, and of course vodka, but am missing the tomato juice.

I'm wondering...do you think if I use a diluted ketchup solution I would be okay?!?!?

Hmm, I don't have all the fixings for a bloody. I have the worcestershire, olives, lime, celery, salt, tabasco, and of course vodka, but am missing the tomato juice.

I'm wondering...do you think if I use a diluted ketchup solution I would be okay?!?!?

Worth a try... Post a pic or it didn't happen!!!!

Double fisting now after this post.... Used the "perfect glass" to make me one based off the recipe I posted earlier.... LOL

fdb7545a.jpg

I'm lazy so it is:

Free Pour of Rain Organic Vodka (usually equates to ~50%

Free Squeeze of Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice

Free Shake of Salt

Top off of Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix in pint glass

Stir/Shake and Pound!!

Mines just about that lazy

spicy V8, tequila or vodka ( tonight its tequila ) , ice, black pepper with a celery stalk maybe a prawn or a slice of green pepper if one is handy, sometimes a dash of tabasco

holy hell, i shouldn't be havin another one seriously I could hardly walk back from the kitchen without spilling it

thanks for driving me to it guys, i don't need an excuse but its nice when your buds make sure you have one anyway

Mines just about that lazy

spicy V8, tequila or vodka ( tonight its tequila ) , ice, black pepper with a celery stalk maybe a prawn or a slice of green pepper if one is handy, sometimes a dash of tabasco

holy hell, i shouldn't be havin another one seriously I could hardly walk back from the kitchen without spilling it

thanks for driving me to it guys, i don't need an excuse but its nice when your buds make sure you have one anyway

Tequila Marys are ****ing epic!! Thank god I have a full handle of Tequila and only enough Vodka for one more Bloody Mary!! :mug:

Back