Massive build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisBrewCo

Reaction score
*EDIT*This is a reallt long thread, lots of pictures not many words*EDIT*
After building my brewery for over a year I decided it high time to post some pictures.
Heres what we started with, just a painted corner of the basement

After this we upgraded our kettles and added some stainless tables.

Then a huge carboy overflow (just water) left a ton of water on the floor that took hours to mop up. So we framed out a wall, jackhammered a hole in the floor dug down below the foundation installed a pump, tiled the floor and bought a squeegee

After the wimpy little camp burner couldn't provide enough power for a boil we had to build burner stands
Burner20.jpg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/burner-stand-build-181629/
MORE TO COME.......

After upgrading the burners we looked to better control of the mash, we bought a BCS-460 (and have since upgraded to the 462) and built a flow rate controlled RIMS system.

So now were making lots of ber :tank::mug: but we need room to store/ ferment it. So what do we do ? knock down more walls and build a dual stage walk in cooler/ fermentation chamber of course :rockin:
Cooler_build_12.jpg

Cooler_build_14.jpg

Cooler_build_16.jpg

Cooler_build_21.jpg

Cooler_build_24.jpg

Also theres a mill
Mill_2.jpg

As of now only the refrigeration side of the walk ins is done, we ferment with an old 7-up fridge and a blichmann conical until we get more conicals and the fermentation chamber complete. There were tons more pictures but i tried to narrow it down.

That's f---ing awesome! I wish I had such a killer dedicated brew space. You are either single or have a very understanding swmbo. Either way congrats. :mug:

this is actually at my brothers house, we did an entire summer of work on a huge living room remodel so that kept her off our backs as far as the brew space was concerned.

Back