It's a Girl!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_bird said:
She really is beautiful.

What's awesome is just seeing them develop their personalities over the years. They start out as just helpless little blobs. Then, one day, when you're shoveling rocks in the garden, they laugh at you. Before you know it, they're curling up with you on the couch, reading stories. They're leaping off that couch onto your stomach, nearly breaking a rib in the process. They're chasing the puppy dog around the house before planting a big, wet kiss on his lips.

Kids are awesome. :D

Yup- then they're hitting their brother from across the yard with a baseball bat because they don't like they way they're being pitched to. Let me tell you, the sound of an aluminum bat on the back of a 6-year-old's skull is quite sickening.........But I digress. You've a looooong way to go before you stop being a parent and start being a referee.;)

Congrats again!

Latest update: She is off of the I.V. and the feeding tube is out. The only thing left is a couple of sensors to monitor her heartrate and breathing. We are feeding her by bottle and Boob (she took to the boob on the second attempt).

All in all a marked improvement and she could possibly come home Saturday or Sunday.

Right on Lion, that's GREAT news. :rockin: Make sure if you do bring her home Sunday you put a headband on her with a nice bow on it because she's the best present this Christmas.

All the best,

Ize

That is great news! I'm glad to hear that your daughter is doing better.
Here's to all of you. :mug:

I hope mom and dad are doing well too. I bet you can't wait to get her home.

We got a call on Sunday morning that she was officially over 5 pounds (by .8 oz) and could come home. She is home now and sleeping and eating well, every 3 hours we change and feed her. I kept hearing from people about the lack of sleep with newborns, but it doesn't sink in until you experience it first hand.

Anyway we have the best Christmas present ever and I hope everyone's day is as blessed as ours. Thanks again to everyone for the positive support.

Happy Holidays to all.:mug:

That's the best Christmas present I've heard of this year. Congratulations, I know it's a big relief being in your own home with your child (although I was kind of wondering which nurse was going to be going home with us...kind of a weird feeling being home alone with a newborn for the first time!).

The lack of sleep is brutal (at least it was for me). The good news is that she will start sleeping more and more and it goes from being brutal to just being rough...:D

Flyin Lion, Sorry I'm getting on this post so late (i couldn't help it, Chuck Norris made me :D ) Congrats, and I am stoked for you & the Flyin Lioness. What wonderful timing... Enjoy the cub, and best wishes, John

Hey congrats Flyin Lion! A bit late on the reply (holidays..) but very glad to hear everyone is home and doing well!

Back