Green apple cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarpancake

Reaction score
My local orchard presses a green apple cider (juice) aswell as the normal cider blend. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a green apple juice to make a hard cider? How did it turn out?

See if you can get them to be more specific on the apples.

I got some juice that was half granny smith and half york a few years ago and the raw juice was so tart it would make your jaw clench up. But mixed with some Stayman juice it came out great.

Maybe you could mix the green cider with their regular cider. Someone at the press ought to know exactly what apples are in the mix

I guess I could just back sweeten it a bunch too. Im curious as to how different the flavor will be once sweetened normal cider vs the green apple cider.

Hard to say without tasting the juice. The better tasting the raw juice, the better tasting the cider will be. I'd ask the folks at the press what blend they recommend for hard cider. Chances are someone at that press makes hard cider. They may do a custom blend for ferementing sometime during the season

Back