SE Nebraska Group Buy Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping: we're under $6 a bag for 50# bags and just over $6 for 55# bags. Will continue to go down with more bags.

Please get me your full name and email address if you haven't already done so!

Guys:

Just confirmed that the $135 freight charge is for one pallet, which is about 35 bags. So if we start getting to that point, we'll have to cut off this deal and place the order (unless we think we're going to get like 40-50 bags total). Otherwise we'd be splitting $270 over, say, 36 bags as opposed to $135 over say 30. What I'd probably do is start a new buy when we get to that point, that way it wouldn't affect our shipping prices and that one can fill up however long it takes.

OK, so Stovetop and BigRedHopHead are splitting 50# of WW, and ChrisO and PB are splitting another.

Sweet! thanks Stovetop!

anyone else want to split some Munich 10L or Flaked wheat?? Looking for someone to split up these with.

Have I ever mentioned that splits make group buys difficult :D

You guys are going to have to review your orders carefully when this is sewn-up, because I'm trying to cross reference usernames, real names, emails, split bags, etc. and I hope to hell I got it all (pretty confident, though)!

We have 31 bags of various sizes, over 1500lbs, and shipping is down to $0.09/lb. We're nearing full capacity for a single pallet, so we should probably consider ending this soon. Anyone still interested, I'll start another buy after this one is over.

Guys I'm putting a pause on this effective immediately. I need to get one more order finalized and then take stock as I'm 99.9% sure we're at the 35 bag limit right now. I want to get the info to the vendor and ensure we're still only paying one freight charge of $135 so that we get the best shipping price per pound that we can get. Once I can confirm that, we'll review the orders and place the group buy.

Anyone looking to get in can express interest here, but as of now let's proceed under the assumption that we're full. I will start another buy once we get this one finished.

If you posted, PM'd, or emailed me your order prior to this post, you're good to go and we'll review your order as early as tomorrow.

FYI if the order stays, 2-row will end up at $35.90/bag...for me that's a $24.10 savings over LHBS, or 59.8% of the cost.

I would like to get 1-2 bags of 2 row. Let me know if room frees up to get in on the order. That would be 1 pale malt and 1 maris otter if able to get in.

I just got an order for NINE bags...we may need to see if we can organize two buys. Anyone who's not sure they're ready yet or otherwise, let me know. We are around 6 bags over, but if it keeps going there's plenty for another buy

Hey guys, I wanted to gauge interest on a ball-lock cornie keg group buy, too. We can get a pallet of them freighted to my work for what would *probably* work out to be like $35 per keg. I need 2 or 3 but cheapest I've gotten them before was $91 shipped for two. I'd love to save $20+.

My order is spot on. Thanks again for organizing this!

I would be interested in a group keg buy, just not right now. Later in the spring would work better for me, but don't slow down this buy on account of my behalf if folks are really interested right now.

As soon as I get the quote on kegs I'll post another thread and we'll just see how long it takes to fill up the "minimum" order. Guessing it will take a few weeks, but after how fast this grain buy filled-up, who knows!

I am interested in ball-lock kegs but it might have to be at least a couple months from now, this was pretty much my discretionary spending for the Spring. :-S

My last batch of kegs were $22 each shipped from CHI Company (this was a few years ago!) so I'm still suffering from price shock there!! yikes!

Order verified, everything looks groovy to me.

I am interested in ball-lock kegs but it might have to be at least a couple months from now, this was pretty much my discretionary spending for the Spring. :-S

My last batch of kegs were $22 each shipped from CHI Company (this was a few years ago!) so I'm still suffering from price shock there!! yikes!

Order verified, everything looks groovy to me.

Wow, $22? :eek: I'd buy like 4 for that price. It seems the price goes up every year as the used kegs disappear.

Yeah, exactly - This was while used/decommissioned Pepsi Ball-Lock kegs were still abundantly available. I am pretty sure the deal was $19 each plus shipping cost, I gotta dig in my email to find the invoice... It also means that I'm glad I pulled the trigger on all those extras in 2008 - as now they're all worth around double what I bought them for! (I think I have 13 kegs total right now. Down from 16 or 17.)

Sorry. Off Topic, as most things I post are. Carry on.

My order looks correct! Thanks for all the hard work. Will have to send a couple bottles of my BDSA your way for splitting up the bags like this.

My order looks correct! Thanks for all the hard work. Will have to send a couple bottles of my BDSA your way for splitting up the bags like this.

While I neither expect, nor demand it, I would more than appreciate any beer donations made.

My order looks good. If we end up placing another order I would pick up more, but for now that will be perfect.

I would also love a group buy on kegs. I picked up my last round from midwest when they had them all 50% off. I am patiently waiting for that sale to come around again, but if we could get a group buy around that price that would be awesome.

:off: so far I know that shipping for 20 kegs is $130, or $6.50 per keg, which is really reasonable. Depends now on what the per keg price would be. Might need to do 30 kegs, will let you know once i get details.

I dont see mine on the order and assume I didnt make it in time. Do you want my contact info for the next order?

The order looks great. I too will thank you with beer donations; I have a bit of 3 year old Imperial Stout.

My Order is correct Tre. Remember, I can back off a bit if I'm putting us over the pallet limit.
Thanks!

Damn, i guess im too late for this one, just got back home last night. If there is another one going on let me know, I am interested in a bag of 2row. Currently I will be traveling back and forth from Ft Riley, KS to Omaha so I pass right through that area to pick up.

Guys I'm waiting to get confirmation on the pallet size limit from the supplier. If we are close, we can tweak and try to fit you last few guys in

Damn, I'm a bit late. I would be in for a bag of 2 row and a bag of MO if you do another.

I'm missing that bag of flaked wheat on mine, I had to go back and check the PM to make sure I requested it. If there's any chance of still getting that, I definately want it. :cross:

Back