What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fermwrap finally showed up. My fermentation chamber mini-fridge is now complete.

MoreBeer Pliny the Elder kit. Plan on brewing it this weekend. Really excited since I can't get the real thing here in South Dakota. That means I'll never know how the kit compares to the real thing, but as long as it tastes good, who cares? While browsing the MoreBeer site for some other stuff today, I noticed that the Pliny kits were sold out. Guess I ordered just in time! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ingredients for my chocolate milk stout and a 5 gallon better bottle. But I am about to return that because NB has BOGO on their bubblers

So last week I ordered a bunch of hops from Yakima Valley Hops and I was missing 2oz of NZ Pacifica with my order. Got a hold of John on Friday, and got a package of Pacifica that weighed 8oz :eek:

I'd say he made it right!

Dont return it, just get two more, you can always use more :D

You win. I just ordered the BOGO, and will probably keep the other one. I thought it over, and it means I have 1 more fermenter than I can really use, but I will find a way. Now my buckets can convert to grain storage units.

Another 7 lbs of hops. 2 lbs still outstanding (warrior and magnum). Then gonna pick up 100g of hop shot. That should do me for a while! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392326096.645080.jpg

So last week I ordered a bunch of hops from Yakima Valley Hops and I was missing 2oz of NZ Pacifica with my order. Got a hold of John on Friday, and got a package of Pacifica that weighed 8oz :eek:

I'd say he made it right!

Similar here, my 1lb order of Mosaic was a bit lite. But after speaking to John @ YVH, he made it right; sending me 8oz Mosaic and several experientials (ADHA 484, 527, 529, 871, 881) for the mistakes!
PS. Always select Fedex instead of USPS when ordering hops!!@%#!@#!

50lbs from norther brewer! Ingredients for 6 gallons of saison and a 1 gallon moo-hoo clone attempt, two 1-gallon fermenters, 3lbs of rice hulls, Dextrose, lactose, candi sugar, green bottle wax, 6 packs of montrachet, etc :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392404475.858645.jpg

DME, a new 2L flask, and stir bar. Starter is on!

3 LBs of Wheat DME
1 LB of Lactose (For my chocolate stout)
1oz Perle hops
A vial of White Labs Kolsch yeast. (Making Bee Cave Brewery Kolsch)

NOTHING! Even though UPS says they delivered two pkg's from Amazon!
Now Amazon claims neither they nor UPS can provide proof of delivery & my pkg's must be "lost"!!
This is becoming a regular occurrence w/ Amazon.
Maybe best for all to shop elsewhere. What do you save if you don't get your order on time or at all???

Amazon recently overnighted a replacement package lost by fedex. I'd call back in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

I usually have really good luck with ups and amazon. The only exception to either was my Midwest orders kept getting destroyed by ups. I don't order from them anymore, so that problem is solved. Only amazon issue was an item I ordered that was from a third party through amazon. It was broken on delivery, and a fiasco to get sent back since if wasn't sold by amazon. So, technically, no issues with amazon.

This is the third of four recent orders that Amazon has f**ked up. All three items were listed as fulfilled by Amazon. I've learned the hard way to avoid ANY other sources when shopping w/ Amazon. Now they're claiming it was a secondary source.
I guess the best resolution is to avoid Amazon at all costs.
Besides, they now charge sales tax (price increase) & they've jacked the minimum order for free shipping by almost 50%! Last, they don't back up the buyer by providing what was ordered when they F**k up! A refund does me no good when I need the item I ordered when it's promised.
I would have gone elsewhere in the first place & saved the time , money, & aggravation!

Back