"You want beer with that?" Burger King and Sonic to start selling beer and wine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. We used to have a drive through party store that sold beer. As long as it was in a sealed container when they hand it to you what the hell's the difference? Is it any different than picking up a 6-pack at the gas station and then getting back into your car and driving off?

Meh. We used to have a drive through party store that sold beer. As long as it was in a sealed container when they hand it to you what the hell's the difference? Is it any different than picking up a 6-pack at the gas station and then getting back into your car and driving off?

Yeah, one generally eats in their car at Sonic - it's a drive-in.

In Colorado at least, you can be busted for an open container even if the vehicle isn't moving.

Yeah, one generally eats in their car at Sonic - it's a drive-in.

In Colorado at least, you can be busted for an open container even if the vehicle isn't moving.

Oh, never been to a Sonic. I thought it was a Drive-THROUGH.

So... It's like going to a brewpub and having a beer or two then going back to your car to drive home??

Oh, never been to a Sonic. I thought it was a Drive-THROUGH.

So... It's like going to a brewpub and having a beer or two then going back to your car to drive home??

Most of them have some sort of picnic tables you can sit at, however it's predominantly drive-in meaning you park your car in a spot, order, and they bring the food to your window. Most people usually stay and eat in their cars which becomes problematic when you introduce alcohol into the equation since most states don't look too kindly on an open container in a car moving or otherwise.

Do they have those little trays that hang on the car window? So you can stand outside your car and eat? Gotta learn to think outside the bun!

Do they have those little trays that hang on the car window? So you can stand outside your car and eat? Gotta learn to think outside the bun!

I'm not sure. Having not been to one regularly for many years I don't know if they have them anymore or not. If they did that would be an excellent way to skirt the issue. Unfortunately this would provide some easy poaching for the lazier members of our law enforcement community

they still have the trays. but i wouldn't want to stand up and eat. most of them do have a small seating area though

Fast food places across Europe serve alcohol, and somehow they survive... (in reference to Jacobsen's comment)

It doesn't help Home Brewing in any way.

I don't think this promotes responsible behavior. It makes it easier and more likely for people to consume alcohol and drive, which I don't consider a good thing.

I think this is terrible if they sell to people who will then drive. Having 2 beers has some impact on driving, even if one is not legally drunk. This will lead to more accidents and injuries/fatalities. I don't care if the driver kills themself, I do care if they injure others or their property. (Its the opposite of invividual responsibility - they are being irresponsible since they can't undo injury to others)

I don't see how this is that big of a deal compared to other restaurants. Chipotle for example was majority owned by McDonald's and has beer for sale by the bottle. Although I don't think I have ever seen anyone order a beer at lunch time. I don't think there is anything wrong with offering beer along with soda.

I don't see how this is that big of a deal compared to other restaurants. Chipotle for example was majority owned by McDonald's and has beer for sale by the bottle. Although I don't think I have ever seen anyone order a beer at lunch time. I don't think there is anything wrong with offering beer along with soda.

But Chipotle's is still considered a "sit down" place, they may have carry out but they don't really do drive through.

I wonder though if you can get a bottle of beer with carryout?

This.

Who cares about these restaurants? Not me.

When I was traveling with co workers for my job I always cringed when the vote was a "fast food" place. I would go along with it because there has to be something decent to eat ...right?.... wrong....now offer me a beer and I will stop and sop up whatever crud they serve as long as I can wash it down with a beer. A BMC would taste like liquid gold after the crap they sell. Disclaimer...I have only eaten at a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's Sonic, Taco Bell about 100 times in 30 years. None in the last 3 years. I do Subway about once every two months. I wonder what they would say if I stopped in and ordered a 6 pack to go without ordering food?

Not all fast food is bad or is bad for you. Most FF joints have some healthy options nowadays. We eat a lot at home, sometimes we go out, and sometimes we eat fast and easy. I'm so used to drinking Coke with my fast food that having a beer would feel strange. I still drink Coke with pizza. I just think it tastes better.

My wife drinks milk with her pizza. Yeah, I know.

Latest posts

Back