Jester King's 1st Anniversary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisturbdChemist

I'm drunk 60% of the time, all the time!
Reaction score
I wanted to share a good time at Jester King Brewery in Austin, TX. I had a blast, so many good beers and great local shops and bands. I never experience a brewery like this.

IMAG0500.jpg

Brewery in the middle of nowhere and easy to miss the place not for the sign pointing down a dirt road

IMAG0501.jpg

Parking is so far away haha

IMAG0509.jpg

Huge Barn that held the bands and the local artisan shops around town including Austin home brew

IMAG0516.jpg

Love the brewery. It has a classic barn/farmhouse looks and still looks new (probably because it probably is lol)

More pictures to come

IMAG0518.jpg

BA was there and having a bottle swap. I wish i knew about it and have some beers I cant get here in texas. Some good stuff on the table

Very small brewery that produces some awesome beers and plenty room to grow and become bigger

IMAG0505.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg

Das wounderkind.jpg
There were these lying around everywhere and must be filled with awesome adult frosty beverages

Attachments

• IMAG0507.jpg
    IMAG0507.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 690
Now some of the brews i had there

Daswounderkind.jpg

This is their Das Wonderkind a Sour Saison. I had so many good sours there and after i went and bought a bunch lol

IMAG0502.jpg

This is their La pet Prince french table beer 2.8% very smooth and refreshing.

IMAG0508.jpg

This one i LOVE. It is their Black Metal Imperial Porter that has been soured.. It tasted nothing like the original.. I want more of this beer right now lol

IMAG0519.jpg

Another shot of their Trash metal Farmhouse strong Ale comes in +10% and no alcohol burn or nothing. Cant wait to get my hands on this

Mikkler fresh hopped.jpg

And the last was a guess keg of Mikkler Fresh hop. Wasnt as hoppy as i thought but good nether-the-less

more to come

Here is the beer that they served

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

There was an inside tap that guessed i forgot to take a picture but they are equal awesome beers too

EDIT: i found the pic of the inside beer offerings

6780183955_1ea8e67e0c_o.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg

Make sure you got inline with a full glass haha

IMAG0522.jpg

It was a beautiful day out so i sat back and had a cigar with some awesome brew. I'm definitely going there again and buying their beer

Prosit!
Dustin

Was anticipating in trying their beers but got the raw end of a deal with a member on here. I hate lying and dishonesty... live and learn I guess. I hope someday to try their beers.

Let me know if you want to swap. I can get a few of their beers for you and we can trade. I know you can get some stuff i cant get here. Let me know and we can trade. I know i can get the Black Metal stout and Witchmaker right now. I can take a look if there have anymore out. Just let me know

I'm really interested in the wunderkind and the soured black metal, any sours for that matter.

I've never seen most of those beers around DFW. I'm not sure how many of those make it into bottles or go out as kegs very far from the Austin area.

A lot of those beers i havent seen around houston either. I dont think they have released them yet in bottles but their website said soon they will. I don't know if any of the sours besides das wunderkind will be released. Da wunderkind is on hold for the rest of test because of the TABC messing with the brewery again. as soon as i spot this brew i'm grabbing a hole bunch of them

I have only ran across Black Metal, Wytchmaker, and Soakin' in the Sunbelt (Mikkeller collab). I have only tried the first two. I enjoyed both and am looking forward to more offerings from these guys.

Das Wunderkind has been shipped. My hole in the wall liquor store said they sold 4 cases in 2 days so better get it while you can.

Also picked up their farmhouse versions of Black Metal and Wytchmaker -- I loved the commercial yeast versions -- hopefully the farmhouse yeast improved it.

sadly i probably wont get my hands on one. Just with work and they do not sell it where i live so i have to go downtown to find that beer. I hope i can find some. only 1200 bottles were released. Thats not a lot

Couldnt grab das wonderking but i found Le Petit Prince- a french table beer (2.9%), Nobel King a hoppy Farmhouse ale, and Thrash metal - Farmhouse strong Ale which they say they will brew when they are in the mood so dont know if or when they will brew this again. i'll love to get my hands on some das wunderkind but not this round

Back