Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice retro look. Did you paint it? What's the drip pan made from?

I did paint it. The drip is from a pvc cap, smaller piece of pipe and a shower drain cap. I used plumbers putty to make the bracket. Once it hardend, I was able to sand it into perfect shape. Total cost of tray was about $11.

I wanted to wait until I was finished until I posted in here. Freezer is a 14.8 GE. I decided to put a 6" collar so I could fit my 10# tank on the hump or a fermenter. I will probably install a stout tap in the middle later this year.

Cheers!

100_0528.JPG

100_0530.JPG

100_0532.JPG

100_0533.JPG

I wanted to wait until I was finished until I posted in here. Freezer is a 14.8 GE. I decided to put a 6" collar so I could fit my 10# tank on the hump or a fermenter. I will probably install a stout tap in the middle later this year.

Cheers!

100_0528.JPG

Consider me drooling, jealous, and planning to rob your house :D:D

That thing is a beauty! enjoy.

Cheers!

100_0528.JPG

Sweet. Did you reuse the stock hinges or beef them up?

Thank you for the compliments.

I reused the stock spring hinges and they hold up just fine.

:eek: really? Beefy hinges or light wood or?? how is it holding that thing up while loading a cornie or do you just open it all the way and the weight sit open? i have a tap box probably the 3rd that size and am afraid to do that with my hinges.

Beautiful Keezer however!

Maybe I misunderstood the question.

Here are the hinges:
100_0535.JPG
[/IMG]

I drilled out new holes to attach the hinge to chest freezer body using the original holes. I used 1.5" wood screws to attach to the collar.

No, it will not stay up on its own. I just use a piece of scrap wood to prop it. Nor can I let it go back all the way.

The top is not heavy to lift after the first foot or so. It is made out of solid oak and oak plywood.

Maybe I misunderstood the question.

Here are the hinges:
100_0535.JPG
[/IMG]

I drilled out new holes to attach the hinge to chest freezer body using the original holes. I used 1.5" wood screws to attach to the collar.

No, it will not stay up on its own. I just use a piece of scrap wood to prop it. Nor can I let it go back all the way.

The top is not heavy to lift after the first foot or so. It is made out of solid oak and oak plywood.

My hinges are pretty much the same way. Love the look and finish btw. Good job. :mug:

Great job...I am assuming that you painted the fridge. What type of paint did you use? I like the matte look.

Thanks... Only painted the front of the door. Used chalk board paint, but didn't have any chalk when I took the pic.

Just got done with my new Sanyo build. Thanks to Craigs List and some spare lumber/laminate from my Dad's wood shop the total build with kegs and CO2 cost me under $400. That being said Dad got the old "lil keger" with a full keg.

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_00131.JPG

Just got done with my new Sanyo build. Thanks to Craigs List and some spare lumber/laminate from my Dad's wood shop the total build with kegs and CO2 cost me under $400. That being said Dad got the old "lil keger" with a full keg.

That looks great! I've been thinking about doing something like that with my Sanyo, but with wood. Can you give details on how the laminate is attached to the fridge? Did you just get rid of the original plastic top?

Just finished my chest freezer conversion - It's my wife's 40th birthday present to me. I originally was just going to do one tap, then decided on two, then decided, "What the heck; I'll put four on there!". So I went with a 14.8 cf Kenmore.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Christened it with a sixtel of Lancaster Brewing's Mlik Stout. Life is good!

After looking at every keezer/kegerator posted on this website for over a year, I finally got enough ideas to make my own. I liked the chest freezer conversions, but I really don't like the taps through the collar designs very much. Looking to make it versitile enough to be adaptable into the bar I have cooking in the back of my mind I decided on something a little different.
Rather than try to explain it, here's some construction pics....

Picture_0075.jpg

Picture_0143.jpg

Picture_0123.jpg

Picture_0132.jpg

Not really sure yet how I'm going to finish off the front and sides, I'm leaning to white laminate of some type, but not sure as yet.

Comments welcome...

Now thats a damn fine idea and I wish I would have seen this before I made mine today...but, I am pretty happy with mine (first 4):

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

None Required, that is a brilliant design. You have made me modify my tower plans.
Have many of you made custom towers for your keezer/kegorator? I'm looking to modify an old style fire extinguisher as my tower. It's getting closer to fruition. For my fellow Canadians, after browsing Simgo's website, I called them about pricing, and their prices are great. I have since upgraded my plans from a 2 tap to a 3. I will post pics when it comes online.

That looks great! I've been thinking about doing something like that with my Sanyo, but with wood. Can you give details on how the laminate is attached to the fridge? Did you just get rid of the original plastic top?

It is just like installing custom counter tops. They have the contact cement and laminate at Lowes/HD, and you just glue it down to 3/4'' plywood and route the edges. If you know someone who does cabinets/countertops they could help you out.

NoneRequired:
That's a great idea, it will help keep your lines manageable, and your lid fully open-able. My only concern would be cooling the tower. I would look into a small blower to push the cold air from the bottom of the freezer into your tower.
-Ben

NoneRequired:
That's a great idea, it will help keep your lines manageable, and your lid fully open-able. My only concern would be cooling the tower. I would look into a small blower to push the cold air from the bottom of the freezer into your tower.
-Ben

Ditto, I like the practicality of opening your lid in your design. But two questions aside from the need of a fan to push to the tower (cold air sinks).

One, do you plan on insulating the side box? I would suggest some rigid foam there.
Two, When incorporating this into a bar build (this was a major design consideration into My Build as well) how will you hide (or will you) the lid of the keezer?

Ditto, I like the practicality of opening your lid in your design. But two questions aside from the need of a fan to push to the tower (cold air sinks).

One, do you plan on insulating the side box? I would suggest some rigid foam there.
Two, When incorporating this into a bar build (this was a major design consideration into My Build as well) how will you hide (or will you) the lid of the keezer?

I have a collection of small fans, both AC and DC so I figured if I need to add one it should be pretty easy to do. Yes, I plan to insulate, I just need to get some foam board to do it... details details details... I wanted to get it built and in service and I'll tweek where necessary.

I don't plan on hiding the lid in my bar. I plan on using t he right side of the freezer "on the hump" for bottle storage and such. The yeast storage is going to be inside the shelf...

Hoping I can post pics the right way...

Thanks to HBT, and Bobby_M's build video, I made the leap (a huge one for someone with my skills - or lack thereof!).
keezer_1_600.JPG
A $50 freezer off of craigslist and lot of ebay and micromatic later and I'm putting a chaise lounge in my garage (don't have any place in the house for it...yet.)
keezer_front_600.JPG
Found 4 handles of some of my favorite beers from around Munchen (lived in Augsburg 3 years) - asked SWMBO and kids for a collegiate mat that happens to be 1 inch narrower (both length and width) than the freezer top - that'll leave a 1/2 inch border and be a nice place for glasses - I hope. Still have to put the drip tray on - 19 1/2 inch folks here were talking about.
keezer_inside_600.JPG
7.0 cubic ft - four fit nicely!

Not perfect by any stretch - but I have the feeling I'll make a few more friends in the neighborhood this summer...:mug:

Back