Snpa ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder

Reaction score
What an i missing???????? I have tried almost every all grain recipe for snpa clone some are close but not quite there!
I can not put my finger on it maybe a fourth hop addition any ideas?

Yeah it is easy brew a good beer. It is much harder to reproduce one. The processes are just as important to the final taste. I write exactly what I do for every single brew just in case I make a really good one. I have had so so results with clones. very confusing when there are so many different "clone" recipes for the same beer.

I have made the celebration ale its bigger brother with fairly good success. I can post the recipe if you are interested.

If you use a garden hose, be sure to get a drinking safe hose. Otherwise you inadvertently put a lot of phenols into your water and those don't come out with carbon filters. It will give you one of those "can't quite put my finger on it" problems.

Here is the info on the celebration ale I promised. All I have is the hopping schedule as it was an extract and my LHBS just gave me some specialty grains to add and i am not sure what they were.

5 gallon batch
1 oz each

Milenium 60 min
Cascade 30, 20 and 1 (for 3 oz of cascade total)
Chinook at 5 minutes

It was amazingly good and sampled well compared Celebration from a bottle. I actually preferred mine of SN version. May have to do this again after the Pliney and Bastards are done.

Sorry it took so long my Beersmith is on my laptop and I have not had the chance to fire it up in a while.

I have brewed that recipe (from the northern brewer forum)several times.
it's AWESOME! dead on.

Back