Pure Sodium percarbonate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oxiclean Free is sodium percarbonate (50-70%) and sodium carbonate (30-50%). IANAC (I am not a chemist), but if you wanted to mix your own it should not be too difficult. I would strongly suggest taking proper precautions to avoid contact (eye and skin protection, mask to avoid inhalation). The easiest thing to do would be to mix it "on the fly," one scoop (of whatever measurement) of each.

Oxiclean Free is sodium percarbonate (50-70%) and sodium carbonate (30-50%). IANAC (I am not a chemist), but if you wanted to mix your own it should not be too difficult. I would strongly suggest taking proper precautions to avoid contact (eye and skin protection, mask to avoid inhalation). The easiest thing to do would be to mix it "on the fly," one scoop (of whatever measurement) of each.

Do you need the sodium carbonate to still be effective?

Have you figured the cost? I get the Sun brand from Dollar General - 6 pounds for $5.

Is that oxi clean,or Sodium percarbonate?,the reason i ask is because you probably Can't use oxi as a no rinse.

Sun brand oxi clean. Contents: sodium percarbonate, sodium carbonate. I use it to clean. I bought a 32 oz bottle of Star-san for sanitizer and it looks like it's going to last forever! (Well, at least a year or two)

Back