Low final gravity?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhardeman

Reaction score
Once again I would like to thank everyone on this site for all the helpfull information. I am on my second brew and it is dry hopping in the secondary. Everything is going good but the recipe indicated a final gravity of 1.016-1.018. When I took a reading today it was at 1.010. I am really not to worried about it but I was just wondering if there is anyway to control this? Besides a dryer stronger beer does it really matter too much? The majority of the threads are brewers concerned about too high of a gravity not too low. I was just trying to understand the process and effects better. Thanks for any feedback.

Is this a DME or LME extract recipe. If it is, They notoriously attenuate and ferment pretty dry.

It is an extract brew and I did use LME. I am just a Noob so not ready for AG. I guess I will have to live with less control until then. Thanks for the info!

Back