Can i use these bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixCoyote

Reaction score
Hey All,
Been a while since being in here, just got back online today. Since i just moved again, i have to buy everything again. I had my own set up plus mr beer. They say we can use plastic PET bottles and reuse the caps. I got an 18 pack of coors light, 16 ounce brown plastic bottles, can i use them to bottle my beer? Are they PET plastic? I like them better, lighter and more convenient. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

I've seen them all the time at amusement parks, baseball stadiums, etc. Anywhere they don't want glass or the spill worries of cans.

RichBrewer said:
I've never seen those before but it sound like they would work. Can you post a photo of them?

Hello,
I don't know if i can post a pic or not. I am using this msntv2 thing, not a regular computer. I know i can upload pics from my memory card to my-email and send it that way. If you want, i will take a couple pics and can e-mail them to you? Let me know. These would be perfect i think. Thanks.

These will work...after all...they came with Beer in them.
The trick is to check the bottom...Look for the recycle symbol and make sure it has a 1 or a 2 in it. 3 or more, Don't use.
I'm sure someone will post a link to the discussion on plastic types when we were talking about using "Deep Rock" Bottles as fermentors.

Back