Seattle Trip in June.....Must Visit Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinturboa51

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says, what brewpub/brewery is a must visit. I'm going to be on a businness trip but have a couple days to myself. Thanks in advance!

Last time I was in Seattle (8-9 years ago) I went to Hale's ales, Redhook, and Pyramid. After Pyramid we walk next door and watched the Mariners play.

I'm jealous.

If you aren't leaving the city I would go to Hale's Ales and Pyramid, sadly I have never been to those. Redhook is good one 25 min from the city in woodinville but if you want really micro brewery status go to Redmond (just as far as woodinville) and go to Mac N Jacks and Black Raven. Black raven is only 3 years old and is incredibly delicious.

I forgot Mac n Jacks. I didn't go there but I did drink their Amber. Mmmmmm.

Well welcome to the PNW Bobby_M! You are fortunate, we have had some really nice weather these last two weeks. If you don't go to the mac n jacks brewery most any place with more than two taps usually has at least one of their beers, they have a huge following.

... I work just a few hundered feet from them and often smell their mash in the mornings...:D

There are lots of good ones (Hales, Maritime Pacific, Georgetown, Black Raven ...) but if I had to narrow it down ... here are my personal favorites:

Elliot Bay (www.elliottbaybrewing.com)
Elysian (www.elysianbrewing.com)

They both have excellent beers (and food).

I've been to Black Raven a few times, their beer is good too ... but no food.

IMO, Pyramid and Redhook are kind of so-so. Their beer isn't bad, just not great.

I've been to Black Raven a few times, their beer is good too ... but no food.

But you can have flying saucer pizza delivered there... I like that part.

Elysian is delicious I just don't know where they are located and I don't know if I have had anything from Elliot bay.

But you can have flying saucer pizza delivered there... I like that part.

Elysian is delicious I just don't know where they are located and I don't know if I have had anything from Elliot bay.

There's a couple.. one up on Capitol hill, one down by the stadiums on 1st, and one up in Greenlake. Men's Room.. yumm...

I'd say you should hit Two Beers which is basically in a small warehousing zone in the industrial area south of downtown. Georgetown Brewing is nearby but they only do growler/keg sales and give free tasters (not a place to chill and enjoy a brew). Hale's is literally about 4 blocks from my house, if you go there PM me and I'll buy you a pint!
My favorite place in Seattle still has to be Naked City though. Don (who's HBT handle is Brewtopia) has a small scale brewery in the back and its a top notch tap house. Rotating taps, tons of variety, and delicious food. They've started making their own ice cream from time to time too. Last time I was there they had an ice cream infused with one of their Belgian Beers and bacon mixed in, amazing. As far as I'm concerned the place can do wrong. I make it a point to take every out-of-towner that comes to Seattle to Naked City at least once during their stay.

My favorite place in Seattle still has to be Naked City though. Don (who's HBT handle is Brewtopia) has a small scale brewery in the back and its a top notch tap house. Rotating taps, tons of variety, and delicious food. They've started making their own ice cream from time to time too. Last time I was there they had an ice cream infused with one of their Belgian Beers and bacon mixed in, amazing. As far as I'm concerned the place can do wrong. I make it a point to take every out-of-towner that comes to Seattle to Naked City at least once during their stay.

Thanks for the kind words and support Fid! All HBT members, if you come by Naked City, be sure and introduce yourself. I'd be happy to show you around the brewery and buy you a beer! I hope to meet some more fellow HBT'ers in June at NHC

+1 on Naked City. Great food, great atmosphere, and of course, great beer. I've been in a couple times, including a Tuesday night, and the place is packed. Granted, it's on Greenwood around quite a few other bars, but it always seems to be busier than anywhere else. Definitely a must-see, imo.

Another cool place is Pike's. One of the earlier craft breweries in the area, it's located just off the waterfront near the Public Market. They have pretty good beers on tap, they have the brewing equipment strewn about their facility, on different floors, with lots of stuff labeled and explained. Lots of cool memorabilia and beer history on the walls, too.

Oh, and Don, your coaster is sitting on my coffee table and is by far my favorite.

Thanks for the kind words and support Fid! All HBT members, if you come by Naked City, be sure and introduce yourself. I'd be happy to show you around the brewery and buy you a beer! I hope to meet some more fellow HBT'ers in June at NHC

i'll be sure to drop by! thanks!!!

If you have time to get out of Seattle, Airways Brewing in Kent is one of my favorites, about 30min south. They also have a Bistro a block away from the Sounder station if you are using mass transit (careful to check the schedules as they are set for commuters) Airways Bistro only pours their beer and other Washington beer and wine, and good food!:mug:

This is not a brewery- but a crappy convenience store in the Greenwood hood' that has been stocked to the rafters with craft beer - about 12-15 rotating taps. Close to 1000 bottles in stock. Chuck's 85th is a great local hang out spot. Check it out.

This is not a brewery- but a crappy convenience store in the Greenwood hood' that has been stocked to the rafters with craft beer - about 12-15 rotating taps. Close to 1000 bottles in stock. Chuck's 85th is a great local hang out spot. Check it out.

Thanks for posting this... Yet another bottle shop I need to check out!

:mug:

image-468910570.jpg

Very nice spot! Too bad Dons not here. It's a Sunday :(. Beer is excellent. Both the swmbo and I loved the brown ale. Cheers, and maybe next time we can meet.

thanks for all the tips posted. I am heading out there for the NHC and will be in town the week or so afterwards and will need to check out these places.

Back