Podcast Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guidry

Reaction score
New to podcasts. Tired of the same old cr*p on the radio so I figured I'd try subscribing to some podcasts to listen to on the drive home.

I've tried both Brewing Network and Basic Brewing and for both of them I am getting prompts saying they require authentication and asking for a login and password.

What am I doing wrong?

What are you using to play the podcasts? iPod? If so, go to iTunes, open the Store, search for the podcast you are interested in, and click Subscribe.

Sync your device, and your podcasts will be transferred to your device.

OK, actually have tried Ipodder (now called "juice") and gpodder to download the podcasts. Work PC blocks itunes from being installed. From what I have read, I can download the podcast and then use Win Media Player to transfer them to my Ipod. The problem is the downloading is asking me for "authentication".

OK, actually have tried Ipodder (now called "juice") and gpodder to download the podcasts. Work PC blocks itunes from being installed. From what I have read, I can download the podcast and then use Win Media Player to transfer them to my Ipod. The problem is the downloading is asking me for "authentication".

AFAIK, there is no way to add music or video files to iPods/iPhones without iTunes installed.

Where are you downloading them from?

Well, I know that Win Amp will do it, unfortunately they have blocked us from installing that now also. They recently "upgraded" all of us to Win7.

I am copying the RSS feed directly from the Brewing Network site.

Well, I know that Win Amp will do it, unfortunately they have blocked us from installing that now also. They recently "upgraded" all of us to Win7.

I am copying the RSS feed directly from the Brewing Network site.

I would just right click on the "Streaming MP3" link on BasicBrewingRadio.com, click "Save Link As...", and save it as an MP3 to your computer. Then, move that file to your iPod. No need to use the RSS feed. Just sync your iPod with iTunes when you get home and subscribe through iTunes.

screw work, go home, install itunes, download the podcasts you want from the itunes store, and sync your ipod. if you dont own a computer, find a friend that does and use their computer. forget about your work computer, pretend in this case that it does not exist

Back