Transfer from keg to soda bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zplug123

Reaction score
I've got a corny keg full of Rye Pale Ale, primed with corn sugar last Thursday. This week I want to show it off to my local microbrewery but I'm sure they won't need a full keg of it so I want to put it inside a clean and sanitized soda bottle.

How should I go about transferring a liter of sugar primed beer into a soda bottle?

That is a tough one...the beer has already probably started to condition, now you want to move it to a single bottle, which will lose carbonation, and possibly aerate the beer.

OK, I'll take a stand...cant be done, at least not now, maybe when its carbed???

Sure you could just tap off a sample for them to taste, but not sure you can "show it off" as you say, as the beer will be less than optimal IMO...unless you feel lucky.

If it isn't carbonated, just fill the bottle with a party tap. If it's carbonated, you'll need to chill the keg as close to freezing as you can get it first. Placing a short hose over the end of the tap so you can fill from the bottom of the bottle will reduce foaming.

Back