Video Brewtarget 1.0b (free, open source brewing software)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman768

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh4GWI_EUxE]YouTube - Brewtarget 1.0b Demonstration[/ame]

Think there's any use for this around here? Completely free and open source. Works in Linux, Mac, and Windows (this demo is Linux/Ubuntu). The website is at sourceforge. However, this version has not yet been released, but it will be very soon.

hmm, I've only ever used qbrew on linux, but I'll look this up and give it a shot.

I'll install it. Are we compiling from source, or are you doing ubuntu releases or what?

:rockin:

If I had some spare time, I'd mos def help. We'll see if something itches at me when I use it. Might see a patch coming from me :)

I'll install it. Are we compiling from source, or are you doing ubuntu releases or what?

:rockin:

If I had some spare time, I'd mos def help. We'll see if something itches at me when I use it. Might see a patch coming from me :)

I'm definitely looking for C++/Qt developers. Since I haven't compiled the version shown in the video for the different platforms, you'll have to get the source in the subversion repository on its webpage. Just use the normal "./configure && make && make install".

Nice looking program that seems pretty simple to use and straightforward. I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks!

so why did I need to do that? Shouldn't ./ execute it regardless of the permissions?

as to the software, a suggestion would be to allow for drop downs in the ingredients list instead of having to go to the side and hit add.

so why did I need to do that? Shouldn't ./ execute it regardless of the permissions?

No, ./configure will execute it regardless of whether you have . in your PATH or not (having it is generally a bad idea, though not a big deal on a non-shared computer).

It still needs to be executable, or run through the interpreter explicitly.

Back