What is the Best Beer in Dallas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srob18

Reaction score
I moved from Colorado down to Dallas about a year ago and this question has made me very interested in other peoples responses. Colorado was a beer paradise IMO. I went to college in Fort Collins CO where we had the best breweries like Odells, New Belgium, Funkworks and if you are ever there you have to try Equinox(growler and off tap fills only) to go and grab fresh beer at! That being said i knew when i was back home that Odells was my favorite brewery and pretty much anything from there i was going to love. Their IPA off tap to me is the epitome of greatness and one of the reasons i started home brewing.

So my question to all the people in Texas and Dallas: What is the best beer and brewery to you all? I have had a fair share of good and great beers down here and would love to find my next "Odells"(I can find the IPA in bottles, never on tap though :mad: ) down in Texas. Rankings and reasoning appreciated!!

My current Brewery rankings that I have been to

1) Community
2) Peticolas
3) Deep Ellum
4) Bishop Cider Co
5) 4 Corners

P.S. almost everyone i know loves 4 Corners, maybe i need to give them another chance!

Current Favorite Dallas Beer: Community Legion Imperial Stout

1) Peticolas - Everything is great
2) Community - Legion, Mosiac IPA, everything else I've had has been good
3) Lakewood - Barrel aged temptress and other temptress derivatives, Hop Trapp (I'm a belgian ipa fan)
4) Martin House
4) 4 Corners

There are many more DFW breweries but I haven't had enough to judge.

Not a fan of Deep Ellum as a whole, but I will admit they do produce a few good beers... sometimes. Not surprisingly I tried an Belgian IPA of their's a few months ago that I really enjoyed.

I just popped open one of my bottles of barrel aged legion last weekend, it's pretty awesome, noticeably better than it was when I first got it.

I generally agree with thekraken, but I'd put Deep Ellum over Four Corners.

If you're over in Fort Worth, try out The Collective Brewing Project. They mostly do small batch stuff, but I have yet to have a meh beer from them.

I generally agree with thekraken, but I'd put Deep Ellum over Four Corners.

If you're over in Fort Worth, try out The Collective Brewing Project. They mostly do small batch stuff, but I have yet to have a meh beer from them.

Crap, i forgot to say i've been to Rahr too. Collective Brewing Project huh? Sounds good, is it sours and stuff similar to a Crooked Stave in CO?

1) Peticolas - Everything is great
2) Community - Legion, Mosiac IPA, everything else I've had has been good
3) Lakewood - Barrel aged temptress and other temptress derivatives, Hop Trapp (I'm a belgian ipa fan)
4) Martin House
4) 4 Corners

There are many more DFW breweries but I haven't had enough to judge.

Not a fan of Deep Ellum as a whole, but I will admit they do produce a few good beers... sometimes. Not surprisingly I tried an Belgian IPA of their's a few months ago that I really enjoyed.

I just popped open one of my bottles of barrel aged legion last weekend, it's pretty awesome, noticeably better than it was when I first got it.

Never made may way to Lakewood, I've had their beers and generally like them though especially temptress. I'll have to visit that one

Crap, i forgot to say i've been to Rahr too. Collective Brewing Project huh? Sounds good, is it sours and stuff similar to a Crooked Stave in CO?

I think they're trending that way. Mostly farmhouse style beers. I've seen one sour and one Brett beer from them so far, but they've only been open a few months.

That's awesome, I will have to look into buying some of their stuff. I make m way up to Fort Worth every now and then and will have to swing by!

My top 3 are:

1: Peticolas - never had a bad beer from them.
2: Community
3: Lakewood

Although Four Corners is making a push. I really think they have gotten much, much better in terms of consistency and quality since they opened. The only reason I rank Lakewood higher is that they seem to be a little more experimental and try more random styles than Four Corners.

My top 3 are:

Although Four Corners is making a push. I really think they have gotten much, much better in terms of consistency and quality since they opened. The only reason I rank Lakewood higher is that they seem to be a little more experimental and try more random styles than Four Corners.

see, when i first went there i thought their beers were laughably ok for being a commercial brewery. I'll have to go back now and try it again

Have you been to the Texas Ale Project yet? I went there this weekend and it was pretty good IMO. Also, I saw Peticolas is doing a collaboration IPA with Green Flash.....

Haven't been to TAP yet, but have had a few of their beers, but nothing really seems to differentiate them from anyone else.

Peticolas is actually brewing the collaboration at the brewery today! They'll be at the Meddlesome Moth to hang out this evening.

Back