Neat Beer Glass from Costco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I picked up a 4 pack of these from Costco in Pittsburgh today. Pretty cool IMHO and no pun intended. 4 for $13.99.

pid7582-duos-pilsner-cold-500.jpg

This glass in glass effect insulates hot and cold beverages. Made of two layers of borosilicate glass and imprinted with epoxy ink. Microwave and dishwasher safe.

SWMBO got me a set of very similar glasses for Christmas last year from a pricey place called "Red Envelope." A word of caution: they break VERY easily. We had to send the original set back because several glasses were broken during shipping. I've broken two more on my own. Now I'm down to four, and I use them sparingly, and not when I'm druck.

However, if you like your beer at a specific temp, these are PERFECT. They'll lose maybe 2 degrees over the course of 20 minutes.

I've got a set of the tumblers, very cool looking! They feel really fragile though, I'm always afraid I'm oging to crush them in my hands when I wash 'em.

I know about the breaking easily. I checked each glass before I put the box in my cart. The first one was great till I picked up the 4th glass in bubble wrap and heard the glass go tinkle crinkle.

Still, I'm in my hotel room, enjoying a Great Lakes Burning River in one right now. I like them. I hope I get them home in one piece. I gotta call my local Costco to see if they have them.

The item number is 227124 and the description is LUIGI4PKDUOS.

My room mate bought them the other day too ... quite nice I have to admit :)

Thanks for the info Ed. I'm gonna check my local Costco after work. I'll explain them to SWMBO afterwards :cross:

I called mine in Austin and they don't have it, so I'll have to be careful bringing mine back from Pittsburgh.

Back