Wiring an Auber JSL-71 Reset

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
Anyone mind helping me out wire my new Auber JSL-71 timer with a reset button? I'm looking to install a reset button but can't figure it how. Simple I'm sure but help is appreciated.

Cheers

I have this same timer but haven't had a chance to really use it yet. It has a reset button on the front already which is why I didn't add a separate switch for it. The wiring diagram in the link fpweeks posted above is correct but make sure you are using the correct wiring diagram for your timer as Auber has two different diagrams. With the newer diagram, your reset button would be connected to terminals 2 and 5, not 1 and 4.

HELP!

I wired my auber syl-71 timer and i have power and the reset button works but as soon as I throw the switch to turn in the alarm and buzzer everything lights up and the buzzer goes off even when the timer is not active. My wiring send good but why does it do this? Note the buzzer and lights go of when i throw the alarm switch on either of the PID's too.*Any suggestions or anyone care to post a picture of your wiring set up.*

Cheers

HELP!

I wired my auber syl-71 timer and i have power and the reset button works but as soon as I throw the switch to turn in the alarm and buzzer everything lights up and the buzzer goes off even when the timer is not active. My wiring send good but why does it do this? Note the buzzer and lights go of when i throw the alarm switch on either of the PID's too.*Any suggestions or anyone care to post a picture of your wiring set up.*

Cheers

I'm close to where you are at with my build, had a little oops by pumping 17VDC into my 5VDC amp meter and fried the thing so until I get the replacement part from China I won't go into full testing. The little bit of initial testing on power up of my -71 was that it activated the lighted buzzer along with the count down so I was getting a buzz and light every second, not a constant light/buzz. I figure that was a setting on the unit that I can adjust and not a wiring issue. However, I did not wire a reset button as the unit itself has a reset button so I figured it would be superfluous...but, I might have a temporary contactor lying around that I could test with once my panel is complete. Keep us posted on your status with this issue, if you haven't resolved it by the time I get things squared away I will figure out how to put up some pictures to help you.

HELP!

Cheers

Do you have an external alarm on/off switch? I went back and forth with Auber via e-mail as I was frustrated that there is no way to simply stop/reset the alarm relay once the timer has counted down. If you hit "reset", it stops the alarm but then the timer starts counting down again. If you hit "stop" in the middle of it counting down, it triggers the alarm relay. You can program it so T2 has an alarm off delay but then you lose the ability to use T2 and a second preset time option.

Luckily I have an external alarm on/off switch so I can at least stop the light/buzzer. I just wish there was any easy way to reset this timer back to the state its in when you first power it on (not counting down, no alarm out relay, etc.).

Auber has offered to reprogram it to have a reset that actually resets it without it starting to count down again and will do it for free if enough people are on board.

HELP!

Cheers
There are 2 different versions of the JSL-71 timer. The wiring plan that I provided here in another thread is the older wiring plan. If you recently purchased the timer, the wiring plan has changed.

Here is a comparison of both versions (Please note the changes with the terminal numbering):

JSL-71-old-new.jpg

Check the version that you own and change the wiring to comply if it is different than the original.

Hope this helps & if not we need to figure out what is going on with the system.

P-J

Do you have an external alarm on/off switch? I went back and forth with Auber via e-mail as I was frustrated that there is no way to simply stop/reset the alarm relay once the timer has counted down. If you hit "reset", it stops the alarm but then the timer starts counting down again. If you hit "stop" in the middle of it counting down, it triggers the alarm relay. You can program it so T2 has an alarm off delay but then you lose the ability to use T2 and a second preset time option.

Luckily I have an external alarm on/off switch so I can at least stop the light/buzzer. I just wish there was any easy way to reset this timer back to the state its in when you first power it on (not counting down, no alarm out relay, etc.).

Auber has offered to reprogram it to have a reset that actually resets it without it starting to count down again and will do it for free if enough people are on board.

I only played around with it a bit, but I found that annoying too and would not have thought you couldn't change the settings. Let me know if you have a reference number or anything to contact them with.

Finally ... success. The timer and alarms are up and running but I must say that i have the same frustrations as Cheez with the timer options. I'm glad i did put an on/off switch for the alarms but there seems there should be an easier way.

Now off to try program the PID's. Suggestions welcome :confused:

Thanks for the tips.

Ditto. I have same issues, but I have focused on fine tuning the brewing elements of my system......have yet to delve into the timer.

Back