just filled first keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkore

Reaction score
wow, that was so easy. i pre cleaned the keg days ago. sanitized with star-san. pressurized and bleed both ball valves so the dip tubes are sanitized too.

easy racking. bleed out the air with a few CO2 filled, and plan to condition at room temp for a couple weeks and then ice it.

next sunday will be keg 2, my brown ale.

i won't give up bottling completely, but I'm glad I jumped into kegging!

Where'd'ya get the racks for the bottles. I have a royal PITA w/the bottles I've been saving, just for some future batches that I might want to bottle. My SWMBO says I'm kidding myself if I think I'll ever bottle anything now that I'm kegging!

I still bottle...Only when i feel like i have to brew and don't have an empty keg to put the brew in. The whole "but i need it" doesn't work with the mrs's anymore.

I'm only resurrecting my own thread to say that I tap'd the keg tonight, and sampled the first draw just to check it out.

really didn't seem to be any sediment, so the 1 week secondary did a great job clearing it.

it does taste a lot like Killians irish red too. definitely a good beer, and kegging isn't that intimidating anymore.

it does need a few more days to carb at 10-12psi, but it was VERY drinkable. might pour another tonite and drink it down.

:mug:

I am cleaning two kegs right now getting ready to keg for the first time too...can't wait for fermentation to finish on the 10 gallons of hefe I brewed on sunday, probably going to rack on monday or tuesday without a secondary, and force carb.

Back