Those of you with Keezers from TEXAS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButcherBrew

Reaction score
Hi Fellow brewers!

I am about to embark on a keezer project however I am a bit worried about my set up. My man cave is located in the garage, which is where the Keezer will be located. As most of us Texans know, it gets horribly hot in our garages during the summer...Sometimes up to 95 degrees or higher. I want to make certain that I approach my build correctly knowing these conditions I am facing so I am looking to my fellow texans (Or others in warm weathered states) for some advice on my build. Specifically, looking for ideas on Collar size, insulation ideas, temp control considerations, etc. I just want to make sure that my keezer will be able to stand up to the Texas heat and keep my beer nice and cold! For those in warm climates, what critical steps must I take in order to build a successful set up?

Appreciate all the advice folks!

i live in mckinney and built my kegerator in august of last year and it is located in my uninsulated garage. mine is a fridgidaire refrigerator i converted. we had quite a few days 100+degree days in august and september last year and my kegerator never really struggled. the key is just not to keep opening up the door. my fridge held a constant 38 degrees and it wasnt at its coldest setting nor did it run constantly. just keep the door closed as much as possible and you shouldnt have any issues

Back